How do you conceive a baby girl? Any "tricks" or "wives tales"

Well we have 2 boys and really want a girl, there are some wives tales that if the father drinks to much soda and eats to much salty food we would have a boy. My husband does so I dont know if that makes a difference or not but if so we had boys so it did work but we want a girl. So if anyone knows any tricks or wives tales to having a girl I would really like to know! Thanks!!

angel7690

Asked by angel7690 at 1:10 AM on Sep. 26, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Boy sperm are the sprinters ---- they're faster, but die out sooner.
    Girl sperm are the marathoners ---- they're slower, but will live longer.

So, your chances are better (slightly) at conceiving a girl when you do the deed a couple of days before your actual ovulation date.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 1:19 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I'd like to know the same thing...any other wives tales? Haha
    meganmaughan

Answer by meganmaughan at 1:22 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• grapefruit?
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 1:31 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• All i know is, I have 4 girls & we do a "woman on top" position most often. Hope that helps.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:49 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I would LOVE to know the answer to that because we have 3 boys and are expecting our 4th baby, but it is too early to determine the sex of the baby yet. i think the best answer so far is the one about having sex a couple of days before you ovulate. Except i never know when i ovulate.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:46 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• We have 2 girls and I am pregnant with unknown and we do man on top
    shymom24

Answer by shymom24 at 9:43 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• hahaha good luck!! There is a group on here if you search that has alot of more "proven" methods. search "trying to concieve a girl" in the groups section. I tried to concieve 3 girls....and i have 3 boys!! i guess im a firm believer in you get what God gives you!!
    megs2boys

Answer by megs2boys at 10:57 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• It's right that the boys are sprinters and the girls are marathoners. You can actually "kill off" some of the boy sperm by soaking in a hot bath and wearing briefs. But it doesn't mean you'll weaken ALL of the boy sperm. So soak in a hot bath 2-3 days before ovulation then get busy. It's not 100%!
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 7:40 PM on Sep. 26, 2009