Military wives....Have you ever made a goal to lose weight while your husband was deployed/away at a class?

I had intended to use my beloved's deployment last year as extra insentive to lose weight, but we found out I was pregnant four days before he left! He will be going out-of-state for over two months next week, and I plan to try again. I think I get extra motivation while he is away because (a) I can devote more time to the process, and (b) I set a goal to look better when he returns than I did when he left.

EternalChild86

Asked by EternalChild86 at 1:19 AM on Sep. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No i have not because i do not need to lose weight.
    But i have made a goal to tone my body so that i can look good for him when he gets home.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:26 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• My sister did and she already lost 89 pounds, he doesnt get home til like March!
    Jamie_2284

Answer by Jamie_2284 at 1:32 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Gee whiz! What is your sister's plan like?!
    EternalChild86

Answer by EternalChild86 at 1:47 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• GL!! Yea when the hubs is away I always try to work out more and stuff like that :)
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 2:08 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I lost 25 pounds since july 20th, I'm using a diet drug and working out... By the time he gets back I'll be at my goal...
    Mom2princessq

Answer by Mom2princessq at 2:12 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I made a Christmas request of my husband. If I can lose at least twenty pounds by December, he does not have to get me any presents. All I ask is his OK to go on a small shopping spree for new clothing to fit my smaller body.
    EternalChild86

Answer by EternalChild86 at 2:19 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• yes I did, his first deployment I had just had our baby, and I am a stress eater so that didnt work. I lost 20lb right after I had my son, but gained it all back before he came home. It is actually easier for me if he is home because I have someone to watch our son while I go to the gym. And food wise, I hate to cook just for my son and i and always end up going out to eat. whereas when my DH is home, I cook healthy meals.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 2:32 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I was pregnant when my husband deployed (had my daughter in March) and I said I would be back to a size 4 before he gets home...I was already there a couple of months ago so now I just need to tone up a little...he'll be home in less than a week.
    JDsWifey

Answer by JDsWifey at 3:31 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I never have had to lose weight except after pregnancy, and I don't have to do anything to lose it all that much. I'm a naturally small person. I have big babies though (9 lb'ers), so I end up having a problem with skin stretching out too much. I was 105 before my daughter, then I got up to 155, and 6 weeks after having her by c-section, I was down to 110. With my son, who is 3 mos. old, I was 116 before preg., then I got up to 186 (lots of water retention and pitted edema), and now 3 mos. later, I'm down to 130 (my stomach is still going down, but at least I can mostly fit into my pants now..lol). When my husband was deployed, I did not have to worry about losing weight...I ended up GAINING weight! I had a stress-induced hormonal imbalance that set me into a faux-menopausal state, and I gained from 105 to 124 while he was gone. He didn't mind it when he came home though...lol
    JamiDesigns

Answer by JamiDesigns at 3:41 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I did when my husband deployed in 2007. I was doing it half devoted. I lost a little over 15 pounds. I got back into a size 8 jeans. Then he got back and it all came back. Now I'm pregnant and at the biggest I have been in my entire life. So ready to have this baby and lose the weight.
    Payan04

Answer by Payan04 at 4:29 AM on Sep. 26, 2009