DD is sick and we don't know if we could take her to the ER or wait till monday......

ok so my DD has had this bad cough
it sounds really wet (if that makes any since)
when she breaths he lower stomache(sp?) pulls in
and her ribs are sticking out
my mom said she would be fine but that was 2 days ago
i don't know if it is worse just cuz i did not pay attention
to her breathing till now
should i wait till monday to go to the doc
or take her to the ER now??????
she is 6 months(7 on monday)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:39 AM on Sep. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• ER....the way you are describing the breathing sounds like RSV and that can be very dangerous if it goes untreated....especially at her age...GO NOW
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:41 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I agree take her in at 6 mos you really dont want to mess around with all the nasty things people are catching right now. If it is RSV the sooner it is caught the better.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:44 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• if she EVER has trouble breathing, that is a telltale sign that she needs to be seen. I am all about avoiding the Dr. when unneccesary and I dont beleive in taking them in for every little cough, but if DS had what you are describing, I would take him in now.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 2:17 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Just to warn you, DS gets a hacky type of cough when he is teething from swallowing too much drool so we dont worry about it. But if she seems to be straining to breathe then I would worry more.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 2:18 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• sounds like rsv to me as well...i would take your baby in the er right away.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:55 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• signs of protruion (sp?) in the chest are serious! GO NOW! (if you haven't already). My DS got RSV/Pneumonia at 7 mos. IT WAS SCARY!
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 3:29 AM on Sep. 26, 2009