so thristy

im 7 months pregnant an ive never been so thirsty in my life! i drank 3 glasses (large glasses) or water... an i just cant seem to have enough is this normal!? has anyone ever experienced this to?

akalei

Asked by akalei at 2:04 AM on Sep. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i meant glasses of water not or water. sorry for the typo!
    akalei

Answer by akalei at 2:05 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Your blood volume as well as other fluid volumes increase greatly during pregnancy, so yes, you can definitely feel thirsty. Be sure you are getting enough non-caffeinated fluids during the day.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 2:06 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• have you been checked for gestational diabetes?
    Hali_Taylor

Answer by Hali_Taylor at 2:14 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• yes an i dont have it. that was my first thought to!
    akalei

Answer by akalei at 2:16 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• oh yes its very normal! drink more than 3 large glasses of water. I know it does not help the potty situation, but increase your water intake!
    perfectxsinx

Answer by perfectxsinx at 2:26 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I was hella thirsty too. Drinking more water at that time is necessary. Also it'll help with the swelling!
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 3:30 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Yes it's normal. I used to take a 2-liter bottle of water to work and drink it all (and then some). And that was just at work, not including what I drank at home.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 8:37 AM on Sep. 26, 2009