Have you ever reported child abuse?

prettyrayray

Asked by prettyrayray at 2:15 AM on Sep. 26, 2009 in General Parenting

• Not personally but i worked for an at home child care center that had to report child abuse.
    She called CFS and made the report. The mom of course guessed that it was her who had done it so she took the child out of the home center. ...One week later we read in the local news that her and her SO were caught robbing some store and were under the influence of meth.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:20 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Yes, i have a journal posted about it. Long story short we lived in a remote area and the neighbor girl showed up at my house barefoot, crying, bleeding bruised and beaten. I called the cops and cps came. I have absolutely NO REGRETS in doing it. The little girl is finally away from a really abusive mother, Shes living with her g-pa now.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 7:31 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Yes, probably around 100 times. No kidding, I'm a pediatric nurse.
    The worst three were the little boy with belt marks on the bottoms of his feet and the mom who didn't know her 2 and 3 year olds were playing on the roof and my ex-'s daughter, whose stepbrother and his friends would put their cigarettes out on her. She was one sorry child, living with her mom and this crazy stepbrother.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 7:38 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Yes , Bt CPS didnt believe me they called my mom and took her side of the story and didnt evven come check it out . That afternoon after they called her she came home and beat me til I fainted then took my bedroom door off and told me I wasnt aloud privacy .
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• No. I have not. I think it takes a lot of courage to do it though.
    There are some ppl though that do so just to cause grief. I hear in some families members call on eachother just to get at eachother. It's like the boy who cries wolf. SAD.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Indirectly through the school building that this child attended. I didn't have any hard proof that anything was going on but the circumstances that this child lived bothered both myself and my husband so I called the school counseler. It turned out the teacher had some concerns as well. I know she was never taken away but maybe they spoke with her and it helped her.
    robinsi2000

Answer by robinsi2000 at 11:36 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Twice- once when I was in elementary school and my friends and I realized that a little girl on our block was getting beat after she talked to us. so we called the cops. and the second time (in a moer round about way) was when my friend whose mom was on drugs, and just had a generally horrible situation kept telling me that her therapist wouldn't beleive what she was telling him about her life. Because her mom would go in and put on a pretty face and be all smiles, so he would beleive her. So I told my mom and she called her therapist and told him that my friend was NOT lieing, that her mom was on coke, her brother did beat her, and she did have her brothers friends crawling into her bed at night. Sadly nothing changed out of either situation though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Yes, I have, too many times unfortunately. I have been a mandated reporter for many reasons (Girl & Cub Scout leader), SS teacher, SpEd Advocate and am also a foster parent.
    I have very strong feelings that the foster care system needs an overhaul. There are way too many children who's lives are a shambles because of being repeatedly returned to abusive/neglective parents.
    Pets have more protection since they are taken away and never returned to their abusers and the people caught abusing animals are jailed and/or fined and ordered not to have any more pets.
    I also strongly feel that people who protest so much against CPS and say that they deserve more privacy are up to no good. If they were doing the right thing they shouldn't have anything to hide...
    shaecastle

Answer by shaecastle at 12:10 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Yes i have. A little girl i used to babysit lived in a house that never had any food, there was cat feces everywhere and her parents never paid attention to her. She was almost 2. Her parents would literaly sit at the computer ALL DAY and they never played with her or took her outside. The only time she had some kind of interaction with people was when i was over there. i would go over a few times everyday whether or not i had to babsit to play with her or bring her something to eat. I told her parents i was worried about her and that i might have to report them if they didn't do something. They said they would but after another 2 weeks or so and still nothing i called cps. They moved before they could do an investigation so i don't even know what happened to her, but i still wonder sometimes and hope she is doing okay now that she would be about 5 or 6.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 12:38 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• once like 3 years ago when I was 15 a babysat a little girl named gracie. her mom was on coke and herowin and beat her and never her fed her and I tried to talk to the mom but she slapped me. her boyfriend raped gracie and tried to rape me once. I called the cops. gracie lived with my mom and I for a year and then moved in with her g pa
    brookemommy2

Answer by brookemommy2 at 1:45 PM on Sep. 26, 2009