Anyone tried the special k diet?

Can you buy it with food stamps?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:17 AM on Sep. 26, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Yes you can. It's not premade food :)
    dennysgirl07

Answer by dennysgirl07 at 2:30 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Diets and diet aids are temporary fixes. Unless you learn how to eat healthy for life, you will not be able to maintain a healthy weight and will stay on the gain/lose roller coaster - frustrating for you and hard on your body. Drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water every day. Eat 6-7 servings of whole grains (brown rice, whole grain bread, etc.) every day. Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables every day, in at least 3 different colors. Eat at least 2 servings of legumes every day. You will lose weight. You will maintain a healthy weight. You will get sick less often. You will be setting a wonderful example for your children. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html
    Eat an apple or a big pile of vegetables before meals.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:33 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I did the Special K diet for 6 weeks and it was a great kickoff to lose some weight, but my biggest loss came when I stopped drinking soft drinks. It was amazing to see how much I had been drinking and how much weight it put/kept on me.

Answer by missanc at 2:18 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I am not a believer in "quick fixes" either, but this is a good way to kick-start a lifestyle change. I used the Special K Challenge to lose the first ten-or-so baby pounds after my daughter was born. Then, I just picked up the usual healthy eating habits again.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:34 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I tried it and I was hungry 24/7. I lasted 2 days before I was so irritable that I was snapping at everyone in arms' reach.

Now, a modified version (Special K, non-fat milk, 1/2 a banana for breakfast, salad for lunch, sensible dinner) - I did lose weight.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 1:33 PM on Oct. 1, 2009