how strong and frequent where your contractions coming on days/weeks before you went into labor?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:12 AM on Sep. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• mmmmm i started feeling some weight on my uterus or pelvis, and usually got braxton hicks like contractions nothing major weeks before, but about 4 days before i just felt exhausted and very sleepy, and contractions started a little stronger than braxton hicks around 3 days before going into labor, and during the day i started labor contractions they were around 7 to 10 minutes apart. congratulations, yay how exciting for you!! my DD is 4 months old already and she is my first,so i still remember everything.
    maryfer

Answer by maryfer at 3:20 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• thank you maryfer! just curious cause i was having braxton hicks like litteraly non stop alll day long for a few days and now for the past couple days im getting full blown out contractions that last a minute long 3 minutes apart for a couple hours anywhere from 1-3 times a day but it never increses and it always calms down.. dr says it looks like im getting really close when i told her about whats going on. congrats on your little one too!!! i cant wait to meet my daughter :-) im very happy for you!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:27 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• thank you and you are very welcome!
    maryfer

Answer by maryfer at 3:38 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I had the braxton hicks a week prior and then had the contractions/labor pain a day before giving birth. Due on January 1st and gave birthday on December 7th. The best thing that help me was taking lots of shower. I was told if I had back pains to get on all 4 and that will help. It didn't I got stuck until my husband came home 45 minutes later. Showers for the pain is the best.
    happynewyorker

Answer by happynewyorker at 7:50 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I'm pregnant with my 3rd and I've only recently found out what Braxton Hicks contractions are, lol.  I didn't have them with my other two.  This time around, I'm having them nonstop all day, the only time they stop is at night.  My Midwife said the same thing, I'm starting to dilate and the ball is rolling, lol.  Good luck and I'm so excited for you!

Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 7:56 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I never really had Braxton-Hicks much before I went into labor. I had some mild cramping in my hips the night before, but that's it. And then my labor started at 9:00 the night before my due date; first contraction was at 9:00 and then every 5 minutes or less after that, 2 minutes apart by 10:00. So I didn't have much warning at all. But that's not the norm, I know.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 8:20 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I didn't have any prior to delivery day. My water broke and 5 hours later they induced. .OUCH!
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 8:30 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I never had one single contraction. I was induced at 41 weeks.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:01 AM on Sep. 27, 2009