How do you budget your families income?

Just wondering?

Hesmynavyman

Asked by Hesmynavyman at 3:24 AM on Sep. 26, 2009 in Money & Work

• i have aplanner and write down all our bills on their due dates and their amount that needs to be paid. and i put our paydays. on our pay days i pay our next bill that is coming up. even if its a week ahead of the due date i just pay it then so its definitely on time and paid.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:28 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I had to make a excel file and use formulas to keep me in line with my budget. I plan for so much per check to go into a certain account for different bills. I break up each bill into amount per check needed to pay it on time. Then I stick to it. I have everything worked in. Rent, elec, cable, CC payment, hospital bill, insurance (it's due every 6 months, but I put a little aside each check), Christmas, Kids, Entertainment, groceries, savings, vacation, emergencies, and misc (gas for car, sodas on the way to work, coffee, donut etc) because there is always at least one day that hubby has to stop for something. When I budget, we can live off of $400 a week np, if I don't we can be broke with him earning $700 a week. It happens every time we stop. lol
    BunniBunni

Answer by BunniBunni at 3:34 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I pay all my bills at the beginning of the month with my income from my home business. (I only get paid once a month) The only bills that don't get paid from that like car insurance, cable, electric, gas are marked in my date book as being paid by each individual I work for. This way I keep track of who gets paid from which job, and I budget that way. I have a very tight budget and even the kid's allowances are in it. I keep everything in my checking account register and my datebook. It may not work for anyone else this way, but it works for me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:45 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• i have a yard sale or go to the flea market and sell stuff i don't need sometimes i buy stuff at thrift stores,flea markets or yard sales if its really cheap to resale.
    georgia362

Answer by georgia362 at 9:28 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• i add up what our monthly income is and then sort out what gets paid, what needs to be bought, whatmoney goes and how much to each bill etc. its very strategic if i say so myself. calculator and all :P lol.
    im a financial secretary
    evilive

Answer by evilive at 7:46 PM on Sep. 26, 2009