Why do I still look pregnant 4 months postpartum?

I exercise regularly, drink lots of water and watch what I eat. I also breatfeed. So many women say that they are back to their original size a few months after giving birth, so what's up with my body? What causes my stomach to still pootch? How long will it take for this to go away? Anyone know any tricks for hiding the pootch till it goes down?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:29 AM on Sep. 26, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Are you doing any strength training? If not make sure you start doing it about 3 times a week. Cardio alone won't get you where you want to be. You have make sure you're building muscle, muscle burns fat and speeds up your metabolism. Also try keeping a food journal sometimes you may be surprised how much you're consuming. But make sure you're getting enough calories, if you're not you will actually have a harder time losing weight. If there's anything else I can help you with feel free to stop by my page :)
    hillaryann

Answer by hillaryann at 9:05 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• My daughter just turned 1 two weeks ago and I JUST lost my baby weight. At 4 mos post partum you aren't supposed to be 100% yet. You should start seeing a difference at around 9mos... think about it - how long did it take you to get that way? Thats how long it should take to get back to "normal"
    cat1622

Answer by cat1622 at 8:43 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• my daughter just turned 2 and i still look preggers.. if you find out the secret let me know!
    ashleyuc07

Answer by ashleyuc07 at 5:28 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• My daughter will be ten months old on October 1st, and I only weigh about five pounds less than I did at my six week check-up. I am a classic binger though.

I am getting ready to make some serious changes though. Not just for my body shape, but for my overall health. First, I will be doing a total body cleanse. These are great for bingers, because they help shrink the stomach (the actual organ) back down to a normal size (overeating over a long period of time stretches the stomach so that you must eat more and more to feel full). After the cleanse, I will be returning to my previous vegetarian ways as well.
    EternalChild86

Answer by EternalChild86 at 6:42 PM on Sep. 27, 2009