How much wieght did you gain?

Im already 40 pounds gained in 5 months. Starting to change my ways now!!!

How much did you gain and did you lose any of it after?

youngfirsttimer

Asked by youngfirsttimer at 3:30 AM on Sep. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i gained 25 pounds, at the last month you really need to drink a lot of water insteas of fruit juice because sugars will make you gain more weight and so your baby will get bigger, and after delivery i think i lost like 15 pounds, but right now DD is 4 months old and i'm still loosing weight
    maryfer

Answer by maryfer at 3:33 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• i gained a lot like...70 i think... ugh.. but i lost it all by 5 months and plus by 7 months.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:37 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• i've only gained 11 pounds and im 2 in a half weeks away from my edd... baby is healthy too but my eating habits werent what i would call the "fit and healthiest" type of eating habbits i had healthy foods all the time but also ate a lot of junk so i dont understand why i didnt gain much weight. hopefully i dont have much to loose after delivery :-) my baby's god mother gained about 40 lbs with her first and lost it all in 3 months
    armymum1013

Answer by armymum1013 at 3:42 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• yeah i ate healthy and i still gained a crap load lol. i even worked out... i gained most of it the last 3 weeks when i had EXTREME water retention lol
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:44 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I went from 123-136... but I lost 10 in the first month so I think it was 23 lbs. I lost it all within two weeks of having her by emergency C and now I'm 103 but trying to gain. I have 20 lbs to go!! (gain)
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 3:53 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• First of all, I'm naturally a very thin person...and I have VERY BIG babies!

With my daughter, I gained 50 lbs. I went from 105 to 155. She was 9 lbs. 1 oz. and 21 inches long. I was down to 110 lbs. just 6 weeks after having her. I'd say within 6 mos., if that, I was back down to 105, which was my avg. weight before getting pregnant. I was also 23 at that time.

With my son, I gained 70 lbs.! I went from 116 to 186. I had pitted +2 edema and tons of swelling. My weight was probably about 90 or so% swelling...not fat. He was 2 weeks early and weighed 8 lbs. 11 oz. and 19.5 inches long. He was expected to be a 10 lbs. baby. I am 3 mos. out from having him via c-section (as I did with my daughter too), and I am currently at 130. My body naturally loses the weight. This time around I'm 30 yrs old, so my body isn't quite what it was almost 8 yrs. ago, but it's gradually getting better.
    JamiDesigns

Answer by JamiDesigns at 4:16 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• im with ya girl i have gained 30 in 6months and thats alot .. im short also so i look so big .. But the way i think of it is that the baby will be healthy :) I can lose this weight :).. WIth my first i gained over 100 pounds with my 2nd it was 80 so i know im going to gain more and dont care ... Pregnancy is a time to injoy your self.. I think.. God bless
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 5:00 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I gained 39 I was 98 b/f i got preg and at my 6 week check up i was 111.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:22 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I gained 30 with my first, lost all of it plus a few pounds by my 6-week post-partum check-up, but it took another year and an extra 15 pounds to get back into my pre-preg clothes. With my second, I gained 17 pounds, lost almost 30 within a month, and my pre-preg clothes fit better 3 weeks after having my baby than they did before I got pregnant with my first. So for me, it looks like 30 pounds is standard automatic baby weight loss. But I've heard of other women who only lose 10-15 pounds with the baby. You will lose some, but there's no telling how much.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 8:42 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• i gained 60 lbs with my daughter, i lost alot fast, dont remember how much. i gained about 40 lbs with my son and lost some fast. i remember its like you lose alot of it fast and then you just hit a point to where u have to work out to lose the rest.
    kd2kds

Answer by kd2kds at 9:20 AM on Sep. 26, 2009