mommys to be do you ever get jealous when you see another mommy that was a little less or just about as far along as you have her baby before you?

i dont know i feel like a jerk for saying this out loud but im 38 in a half weeks and a friend of my MIL (who is actually very nice this is her first baby as well and girl as well!) already went into labor and had her baby over the past few days and she was only 35 weeks! healthy baby girl weighed 6 lbs 9 ounces and when i saw the pictures of her at the hospital with her baby and things i was happy for her but i got so jealous i started balling! i feel bad for being so jealous and not showing more that im happy for her! has anyone else ever done this? is it normal or am i just being an impatient selfish jerk?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:15 AM on Sep. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Your not the first mom to be to feel that way. Pregnancy gets to feel long and like you are waiting forever. I think it's normal to want your own baby and to hold them. It will be your time...just relax and try to enjoy the peace and quiet before your little one arrives! All moms are and pregnancys are different some have babies at 35 or less weeks and some moms just wait it out to the end. It's best to keep them in the womb for as long as possible..so you are doing the best for your little one. Best of Luck to you!! :)
    MayMommy07

Answer by MayMommy07 at 4:34 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I never did, I felt sad that their babies didn't get to keep developing actually. She is lucky her baby is healthy but at 35 weeks the baby's brain isn't developed to it's full potential.

I am one of the weird ones who actually hoped to go to 42 weeks lol (Human Gestation is naturally 37-42 weeks). I was glad that I had Taegen past the 40 week mark because I knew she had grown to her fullest potential, as odd as that sounds.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 8:32 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• no. i didn't mind my baby being late. and i don't mind if this one is late either. if my baby is "late" then that means that s/he got to grow to his/her full potential. plus, i really enjoy being pregnant.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 9:07 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I sort of know how you feel. I am not jealous as much as i am anxious to meet our baby when i get close to my due date. I had all 3 of my boys at 38 weeks and they were all healthy. I don't know if i will make it to my due date with the baby i am preg. with now, but that is up to God when i will finally meet the little one. i have a couple of friends that are about the same week as me in pregnancy, but i am in no race, but i can understand your feelings. Just think, it will one day be you holding your baby and getting your pictures taken.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:18 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• You can't help your feelings. So don't feel bad about that.

Your time will come when it's just perfect for you/your baby.

But honestly, it's the opposite. Around here, bragging rights go to the longest gestater and heaviest baby at natural birth. ;-P
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:49 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• im feeling the same way over my sil she only a 11/2 longer than i am but since shes carrying twins she'll deliver sooner...i already dont get along with my in laws and us being preg together puts more stress on the family...thats another vent for another day
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 11:31 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Don't worry, you and I are in the same boat. I'm 37 weeks. My first came at 36 weeks and was 6lbs 12oz. I am very jealous.
    acholt21

Answer by acholt21 at 12:28 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Lol, i had my boys at 35 weeks, they weren't due until August 3rd... A friend of mine is now 3 days over due. She called me a b*tch-she's sick of being pregnant. I think its hormonal. Two other friends of mine had their babies in April. And then they send tons of pictures of their babies via text messages... So I sent pics of my GIANT belly back-made me feel better! By July I couldn't take it anymore -I wanted them out! The doctor said because there were two he wouldn't let me go past 38 weeks and they could come at 36 weeks. Well I was too impatient and they were a day before their 36 mark. Both healthy and growing fast. baby a 4lbs 9oz is now 11lbs 12oz and baby b 5lbs 9oz is now 12lbs 14oz - And now I miss being pregnant :(
    DesJordan

Answer by DesJordan at 12:45 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• well i didn't really feel ready at all until past 40 weeks, but i think it's totally natural. you are pregnant, you are emotional, you are excited to meet your baby, and maybe uncomfortable and ready to be done with pregnancy. don't feel bad. but just relax as much as possible and hang in there because you might have a few more weeks! :) i wonder if your MIL's friend might have had her due date off by a bit though because 35 weeks seems pretty early for there to be no breathing problems. maybe she conceived a couple weeks before she thought. of course all babies cook at different rates ;) good luck to you!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:10 PM on Sep. 26, 2009