Why is it that when men look after children that's all they do, but if women look after then they are expected to manage to cook, clean and tidy up as well?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:51 AM on Sep. 26, 2009 in About CafeMom

• JMO, but men can't multi-task!

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 7:55 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Because men and their caveman ways still believe that women are the ones who have to cook and clean and raise the children
    Cappy1979

Answer by Cappy1979 at 8:04 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Because men are babies and expect to be taken care of.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 8:25 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• lol, whenever i ask my fiance to watch our daughter he does but when i get home and say "did you get the dishes done?" He says "no, I had the baby."

Now, when he gets home from work and I have had her all day and managed to do the dishes, go grocery shopping, straighten the living room, fed the cats and worked in a shower, he's all "you didn't get to dinner?" I say "No, she's been a handful." Then he huffs and puffs about it and gets irritated that I want him to keep an eye on her while I cook. Hmph.
    AutumnsMom31309

Answer by AutumnsMom31309 at 8:47 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• They are all the same. And does anyone ever notice when they are talking with someone, they always say they have to "babysit"? I'm sorry, but we don't babysit our own children. It's called raising them. LOL!
    My3RaysofSun

Answer by My3RaysofSun at 8:55 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Men definietly can't multi-task. They are some other type of species I swear. I've never heard my husband say he had to babysit, but if he had to cook. clean, and take care of a toddler he'd have a heart attack-lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:20 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• men are babies thats why. in a day alone i take and pick up ds from school, cook, clean, make sure all his tv shows are DVR'd, and add to that moving and packing and when he watches the baby for the couple of hours every 2 weeks i got to my bi polar meetings the house is trashed and the baby himself is a mess.
    aidensema

Answer by aidensema at 9:28 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Somehow I can manage to get a good bit of cleaning done when I have DS. And for some reason I'm expected to. DH says "well since you'll be home maybe you'll have time to get something done around the house." Now he doesn't say this mean or anything... it just sounds like it would be lol. But he stays with DS while I'm gone and he might do laundry or get the dishes soaking. But usually thats the most I can hope for. It is very frustrating being that I work, I'm in school full time, AND I get most of the baby duty. I try not to complain though because DH is working two jobs right now. He is doing his best for us. I guess I can keep doing the dishes lol.
    Nesa_Z

Answer by Nesa_Z at 9:52 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Because some women allow that to happen. If you let them get away with it, they will.
    Grandmarga

Answer by Grandmarga at 9:54 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• My hubby has worked up to being able to handle one child on his own. The oldest only. And he is getting better with the youngest. He has managed to do a few chorus while I am in bed or out. He doesn't usually do much by himself. He prefers to have us around, so I can't complain. And he has learned that unless you are going to do something about it, keep your big mouth shut. So he doesn't complain much.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 9:59 AM on Sep. 26, 2009