My 22mo old seems to have foot pains

The last two nights in a row my 22mo old has woken up in the middle of the night screaming inconsolably. During his screaming he grabs and pulls at his foot and leg. Last night I started massaging his foot and he calmed down immediately. When I stopped he started crying again. I massaged his foot and leg for about 20min and gave him some Tylenol and he fell back asleep and was fine. He shows absolutely no signs of discomfort during the day, it only seems to be at night while he's sleeping. Anyone have any idea what the problem could be?

LoriAnn5674

Asked by LoriAnn5674 at 8:09 AM on Sep. 26, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i have no idea about anything like that but i would take him to his dr and ask his dr to refer u to a specialist
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 8:38 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Growing pains. My dd goes through that sometimes. I just give her motrin and rub her legs or foot until she relaxes enough to go back to sleep.
    ajw1980

Answer by ajw1980 at 8:40 AM on Sep. 26, 2009