pooping question

My son is now on a diet of about 80% formula and 20% breast milk, and he has just started to have difficulty with his pooping. He's been on the Target brand of Enfamil Gentlease Lipil for about a month now. Over the past week and a half, he grunts, groans, and seems to be very uncomfortable at times. I don't know if he's trying to poop or what. He's pooped 3 times this week, but then today it was not soft as usual. Should I try a different type of formula or just wait to see if this passes? Also, does anyone know of a generic brand formula that is similar to Carnation Good Start? Thanks

Lindzh01

Asked by Lindzh01 at 8:28 AM on Sep. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• how old is ur son.. and how long has he been on formula..... .........try a lil more breastmilk
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:35 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Try a lot more breastmilk. You can make more milk by breastfeeding more or pumping more. Even 24-48 hours of increased breastfeeding or pumping could bring in a full supply.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:50 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• when switching to mainly formula it is ganna make him constedpated. i was told to give infant supositories. a lil gross and people may say oh i dont wanna put it in yada yada and my answer is grow up! your baby is hurting when he cant go, dont you wanna do all you can? i statred giving them to my daughter ehwn she was just 2 months old. i gave her one everyday until she was going at least once a day on her own. she never cried when i did it and i noticed a happier babcy when she went, if you need more info bout the exact one i use and all feel free to message me bc i was soo upset seeing m ydaughter scream in pain bc she couldnt go,
    Mommy2Layla08

Answer by Mommy2Layla08 at 8:46 AM on Sep. 27, 2009