Carseat Question

My DD has finally outgrown her carseat that goes up to 22 lbs. We cannot afford a new one (much less our bills, food, or anything else). Has anyone ever had this problem in their life? Is it ok to keep my DD in that one until we can afford another one? Or is there anywhere you can get free carseats?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:32 AM on Sep. 26, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• no dont keep her in that is against the law. go to your local fire department and explain your situation theymight give u one for free. i know there is a website you can sign up to received a free careseat. by the way i found out that if you are in a car accident and something happens to the baby and they find out she was over the limit you can get in trouble.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 10:27 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• but the cosco scenera is $45 at big lots $55 at kmart it rf up to 35lbs anf ff up to 40lbs
    piwife

• You could put something in your local Craigslist asking if there is somewhere you can get a carseat.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:47 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Try asking a church to post something in their bulletin.. plenty of people would be willing to help you out! Or try a second hand store.
    ashleyuc07

Answer by ashleyuc07 at 10:48 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Check with the county, dps/dmv, health dept. Check around with friends with kids maybe their kids have recently outgrown theirs.
    Liz0808

Answer by Liz0808 at 10:11 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• It is dangerous to keep a child in a carseat they have outgrown. The mechanisms meant to keep you little one safe could fail when you need them the most. I would try to look for a local agency to see if they can help you pay for a carseat or try to get one on lay away. I'd say away from any used seats, unless it is a very close friend or family member, because you don't know the history. If you do get a hand me down one check the date on the bottom, typically they are only good for 5-7 years because after that materials start breaking down and the seat may fail when you need it most.

chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 2:18 PM on Sep. 27, 2009