not drink milk

My son is 21 months and he use to love drinking milk but now it seems like he wants nothing to do with. I even put little bit of chocolate sryup in it and he still isn't drinking. What can I do to get him to drink his milk?

LoriAnn87

Asked by LoriAnn87 at 9:17 AM on Sep. 26, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Hey there! You can also give him 1 glass a day of OJ with calcium and D. That with cheese and yogurt will help meet his calcium needs. Go to nutritiondata.com and you can search for foods by nutrients, like calcium, and it will help you find foods that you didn't realize are good calcium sources. For example, eggs or au gratin potatoes are good calcium sources! breakfast cereals are well fortified too. I have ALWAYS hated milk. Even since I was 2- some kids just WON'T like it, or it may be a phase. Good luck!
    thesublimelife

Answer by thesublimelife at 12:06 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Don't sweat it. It's not necessary, so if he doesn't want it, it's ok. Just make sure he's eating a pretty balanced diet.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:20 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Kids don't have to drink milk. Cows milk is for baby cows! My 3 kids never had a glass of milk in their lives.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:10 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• try cheese and yogurt and other dairies to make sure he is still getting calcium and vit D. Try pediasure DD loves it.
    ashleyuc07

Answer by ashleyuc07 at 10:41 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• lol i was going to ask this same question, maybe i'll get the answers i'm looking for too. My son is 4 and my daughter is 16 months, both of them hate milk no matter what i try so i just gave up. If your worried about calcium intake try giving more cheese, yogurt, see if they will drink the milk with cereal. That's what i have to do with my kids.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 4:56 PM on Sep. 26, 2009