Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need some advice!

I really need some help. I am at my breaking point and do not know where to turn. My husband has a gambling problem and a drug problem. He got paid friday an spend half of his check buying Roxy's and lost the rest at the casino. We are getting behind in our bills and I am so depressed because I feel like there is nothing I can say or do to help the situation. I want him to stop I just dont know how to get through to him. If any one can help I would really appreciate it.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 9:21 AM on Sep. 26, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (5)
  • Does his family know? Do an intervention, but you all have to be firm in what you say. Give him ultimatums, but then you have to stand behind it.

    Answer by EireLass at 9:25 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

  • I have been there and I changed the situation by kicking his ass out the door. Tell him when he can get help and be clean of gambleing free and DRUG free for 6 months with no relapses. You need to protect your children and yourself from this if you lose everything and your children don't have a roof over there head you will be the one that is gonna be blamed to your children will get taken from you if tou don't do this. This is not your fault that he went down this road but it will be on your fault if you don't get him away from the house and children. He is takeing from your children.

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

  • I guess I must be incredibly naive because I don't even know what roxy is. :)

    But I'm with the PP who said to leave him and protect your family. Apply for every kind of PA out there to get by until you can get on your feet.

    Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 10:25 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

  • I agree. Let him know where he can get help, but also let him know that his behaviour isn't going to be tollerated. Give him the ultimatum of, he gets help and cleans up, or he's out. And if it comes to that, you Can get help for yourself with PA and I know it will be tough, but it will be what's best for you and your kids if he won't change his ways. GL!

    Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 10:52 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

  • Sometimes tough love means leaving until they get help and get their act together. It's only one option but it's one I always chose to take bc it forced my x to get the help he needed and kept me out of most of his personal chaos.

    Answer by admckenzie at 12:44 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Relationships

Next question overall (Just for Fun)
Are you harassed to visit??