is it ok to have sex towards the end of pregnancy?

my sister-in-law is dilated 3 cm and wants the baby to come, but the baby has other plans.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:22 AM on Sep. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• if she can pop at any time yes have sex and lots of it the baby might come due to the sex. a lot of ppl try sex for labor
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• As long as her Dr says it's Ok it's fine and may even help kick start labor. Its unsafe after your water has broken.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:17 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• As long as her water hasn't broken she can have sex.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 11:23 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• i know this is a dumb question, but is it just grems is why its unsafe to have sex after your water borke? cause when i was 36 weeks with my daughter, i didnt know my water broke (it broke a small hole up toward my chest so it wasnt a gushing thing) but we were still having sex to try and speed things up, and well, it totally worked for us! although very akward, but it worked 100%! then found out my water had been broke for 2 days... people looked at me like i was crazy for not knowing but it was just a super slow trickle i guess you could say.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• The sack is exposed and can cause an infection, which is why they tell you to go to the hospital when your water breaks. An infection can start and cause the baby to had heart rate issues.
    acholt21

Answer by acholt21 at 12:27 PM on Sep. 26, 2009