my boobs leak

i havent breastfed in 5 month the didnt start leaking till recently. n0t a lot. at 1st i thought it was me feeling things but then i saw my shirt was a lil wet there. its ust weird

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:27 AM on Sep. 26, 2009 in Health

• It's nothing to worry about. Do you intend on breast feeding again? If so you can pump your milk and put it in the bottles and put it in the frig. Only if you're going to start like now. If you don't want to breast feed again then you can use a frozen cabbage to put on your breasts to help stop the milk. Or you can call your doctor. I was told there's a pill that they can give you to stop your milk. I didn't do that, my milk stopped on its on. Ask some other mothers what they did and don't be shy. Until then, you'll have to wear the breast pads in your bra so that it won't come through your shirts.
    4cooks

Answer by 4cooks at 9:49 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• You shouldn't be leaking milk that long after weaning. It may be discharge that has nothing to do with breastfeeding. You need to have it checked out.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:05 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I stopped breastfeeding over a year ago and can still express from my breasts. I brought it up to my Dr. and he ran thyroid levels which all came back normal. I feel like in another time or place I just would have been a natural wet nurse. This happened to me with my first child as well and I didn't dry up until I became pregnant with my 2nd child. I believe that it is just normal for some people, but whenever your concerned about something it never hurts to ask you doctor to run some tests.
    kryssie78

Answer by kryssie78 at 12:16 PM on Sep. 26, 2009