is a site dedicated to proving the Catholic religion to be wrong really the best site to get your info?

If you want to learn about becoming a vegetarian do you go to the national council of beef? Why would you learn about another relgion from a site that so obviously against this religion?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:48 AM on Sep. 26, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• You shouldnt. The best way, IMO is to find a source that is middle of the road. One that doesnt lean either way, if you can.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• R u talking about Cafe Mom?? Thats nuts...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:55 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• The Catholic Church was Founded by Simon Peter the Sorcerer, a known charlaton who wanted to be like the real simon peter. When they drove him off he founded his own Church, the catholic church.  Get your info from MANY different sources to learn about any subject, not just religion. A site thats dedicated to prooving that it's wrong is the WRONG place as most of the info is probably lies to get you to change your mind or follow them. I dont see other religions saying prayers to false Gods like the cathloics do. i.e. the saints or virgin mary. Thou shall not worship false gods made of stone or wood. and the catholics DO say prayers to false God's. It's one of the 10 commandments for crying out loud! dosnt get any easier to see than that now does it?
    and yes Im a Christian. But you go ahead and worship whatever and whoever you want . Believer or not. EVERYONE wil be judged
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:07 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• The Catholic Church was Founded by Simon Peter the Sorcerer

and where did you get this line of hookie? LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• vbruno, are the anon? you have a lot of false information about the church:)

but thanks for stopping by to tell us how you don't like the church.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Vbruno just made it so a lot of people are going to learn a lot more about the Catholic church today. I have to go to for now, but if another Catholic doesn't come in and show the real teaching by this afternoon I will.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I always check the sources of websites that I visit and  I always look for reputable and unbiased sites for everything that I research. 

I never listen to the ramblings of a fanatic because they are never rational and never accurate.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:28 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Definitely not a good place to look if you want accurate information. I've come across many sites like that and some of the info on there is so ludicrous it almost makes me laugh...ALMOST...then I think, "There are people who ACTUALLY believe this stuff." and I don't find it so humorous any more. What's really sad is there are so many of them on the net that if somebody is genuinely interested in learning more about Catholicism and does a search on google more of them pop up than "good" sites, so it's easy to be sucked in and very easy to be misinformed.
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 10:44 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• OK vbruno. I've heard a lot weird stuff. But this? *shakes head* You really are misinformed. Try studing the full Holy text. Not just bits and pieces. Take the whole thing into context. It will take you a few years to do this. Until then keep your falsehoods to yourself.
    oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 10:52 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Vbruno, we don't worship false gods. I get really tired of hearing people trash our religion and accuse us of worshipping false gods. Just because we ask the saints and Mary to intervene on our behalf, doesn't mean we worship a false god. I will pray to my saint to soften your heart. :o)
    Littlebit722

Answer by Littlebit722 at 11:46 AM on Sep. 26, 2009