Anyone Make Their Own Nursing Covers?

I was going to buy a nursing cover from an online store, but I know I can make my own for so much cheaper. Has anyone made their own nursing covers? I would like to have one that secures around the neck so I don't have to worry about it slipping off, but at the same time I live in southern Georgia and I need something very light so my baby doesn't get too hot or feel suffocated. Any thoughts?

ave.maria.

Asked by ave.maria. at 10:05 AM on Sep. 26, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• you could use a very light catton or even silk (which would feel cool against both your skins) all it is is a square of fabric then a band which you sew the strings to either tie around your neek or just loop over you rhead (I prefer looping) its not hard and neraly impossible to mess up just about any fabric will work chose one thats ligth and airy for summer and maybe make a soft fuzzy one for winter (because realistically you could MAKE 4 or 5 for the cost of what it would be to buy one!)
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 8:06 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Thanks for the question! I wanted to ask this last night but forgot!!!
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 10:17 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• oh and as far as purchasing the fabric goes check remnant bins at craft stores or even walmarts the fabrics are marked down making it even cheaper to make and if you want to get really crafty you could make a pretty quilted nursing cover up
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 8:07 PM on Sep. 26, 2009