HOMESCHOOL MOMS!!

k correct me if a m wrong but this lady jst said that is normal or ok for a kid who is homeschool not to know how to read till they are 12. she said her kids taught themselves to read. isnt homechooling supposed to be like school at home you know you teaxching them stuff , and isnt it supposed to be betteer, cuz from what io can tell either this woman was lazy or her kid is dumb( she doesnt meantion any menatl or physical problems) she jsut said her kids learn to read at 11 and 12 when they taught themselves

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Sep. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i believe your talking about another post.. she didnt say anything about her kids being homeschooled. But regardless I totally disagree with everything she said. I would never listen to someone who says reading to their kids is a bad thing
    ashleyuc07

Answer by ashleyuc07 at 10:53 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I homeschooled my 4 sons. The older 2 had gone to school for K-2 and K-1 so they could already read when we started homeschooling. My younger 2 didn't start school until the 7th grade so I had them from borth. They both learned to read in early 1997 when they were 6 1/2 (he had some challeneges due to brain damage he suffered as an infant after a sever allergic reaction) and just turned 4. I used an amazing book called Teach Your Child To Read In 100 Easy Lessons. They were both reading by lesson 50. Everyone I knew who homeschooled had their children reading between 4-7.

Send this link to that mom.

http://www.amazon.com/Teach-Your-Child-Read-Lessons/dp/0671631985

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• birth not borth.
    Anonymous

• I'm the crazy lady. I have 2 masters' degrees in education and am working on my dissertation for my doctorate in science education. I am a well educated crazy lady.

Want to learn more. Read John Holt and find out about unschooling. Mothering Magazine has a great website and discussion board. Maybe you should know what you are talking about before you call people crazy.

You can homeschool any way you want in most states.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:30 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• anon 11:18. I see that you wrote birth not borth. Were you afraid to write more lest,you make a grammer mistake?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:56 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• What's so crazy the child is reading. Do you set the guidelines of education for everyone? Homeschoolers have the right to educate by their own guidelines. If you don't like it take your kids to public and keep your DAMN nose out of where it doesn't belong. Thankyou.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:59 AM on Sep. 27, 2009