How do you purge old toys? How do you organize toys?

The toys are closing in on us. I'd like to get rid of some of the baby ones. I have most everything organized in baskets, bins, a toy box, and a toy cabinet, and I even put some aside and then pull the m out later to rotate them so that they don't get bored.

2coolmama

Asked by 2coolmama at 10:47 PM on Jun. 23, 2008 in Home & Garden

• Start by getting rid of all the toys you're going to throw out or give away. Then, throw away anything that's broken. You'll find it's a lot easier to organize the rest of the toys once you get all of those out of the way. I keep big toys (cars, trains) on the shelf in my sons room, and smaller toys go into bins. I don't really bother trying to organize them by type (blocks here, balls there) b/c they get mixed up daily. I also keep one small rubbermaid bin in the living room for small toys that end up there.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 11:33 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• We keep play-doh, play kitchen stuff, card learning games, crayons/art, a box with cars, trucks, planes, a play barn, castle, and darth vader, ect in a closet. The kids can get 1 thing out each (sometimes they want to share).

In my son's room, he has a bookshelf full of books but I let the kids put the books in a stack next to it or on the bed, when they're done, because it's hard for little hands to put books up in a standing bookshelf way.

He also has building blocks and some trucks in there. It's not hard for him to clean up.

In my daughter's room, she has a dollhouse and some dolls. The dolls go on her bed or in the toybox (or stroller or something) and the dollhouse things if they are not in the dollhouse can go into the toybox or a small bin sitting under the doll house.

In the basement for when I do laundry, we have trains and some puzzles. In the garage for outside play, we have a toy bin with balls and helmets.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 12:05 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• I would get a hold of salvation army or something like that
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:12 AM on Jun. 27, 2008