How long do I have to wait?!

I had a c-section 2 weeks ago, and I want to start working out. How long do I have to wait? ****Oh and I'm breastfeeding, if that matters at all****

Lovin_mybaby5

Asked by Lovin_mybaby5 at 11:12 AM on Sep. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• probaly 6-8wks for your incision to heal...I had to wait 12 w/my 2nd bc my incision was being stubborn...i know you can start walking as soon as you're up to it, but as far as working out your tummy I would ask the Dr.
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 11:14 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• its my understanding that you need to wait at least 6 weeks when you go in for your follow up talk to your doctor but if your nursing you may find the weight slides right off. I lost 15 pounds my first week home but wasnt able to continue nursing and the scale and i have been at a stalemate ever since
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 11:26 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• well I have a 4 week checkup....Ill just ask him then
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 11:33 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• When you left the hospital, you should have received a discharge packet; the information should be in there.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:17 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• After my c-section, I had to wait 8 weeks.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:23 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• defiently wait.. i had 3 c-sections.. i did way to much.. everytime.... 3 kids 3 c-sections dont really give you time to relax...i got so bad my stiches would open up... you have to be real carefull with that.. they can get infected and you will have to have it done all over again... take it from some one who has been there.. hun you want to try to do exactly what the doc orders. lol dont pick up heavy things.. i would tottaly wait
    shorty134

Answer by shorty134 at 3:55 AM on Sep. 30, 2009