Is it detrimental to his health?

My son is three months old and is now sleeping through the night. Usually, he goes to sleep around 8:00, wakes up for one more feeding around 11:00 and then is out till around 7:00. The last couple nights though, he hasn't been waking up for his last feeding but he's still sleeping till around 7:00. I worry that that's just way too long for him to go without eating.

jessflynn

Asked by jessflynn at 11:19 AM on Sep. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• nope he'll wake when he needs to eat but LUCKY YOU! my kid was only sleeping for 2-3 hours at a time at 3 months old! We didnt get 8 hours in until about 6 months! Dont be surprised though if he goes through a growthspurt and starts waking more frequently again just roll with the punches and follow his cues he'll let you know when he needs to eat
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 11:22 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• If he is breastfed 11 hours is too long for a 3 month old to go without nursing. I would wake him up to nurse.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:21 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• it's perfectly fine! STOP WORRYING and get your sleep on :D My son started that routine at 2 months, and is now 7 months and perfectly fine. The doctors actually congratulated me for having such a perfect baby! haha
    shessohippie

Answer by shessohippie at 11:23 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Congrats! You got an awesome sleeper on your hands! Don't worry, if he suddenly decides he needs more food, he'll let you know, but for now, just enjoy the sleep... his and yours!!!
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 11:25 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Let a sleeping baby sleep :~) If you're nursing, make sure you let him nurse every 2 hours as long as he is awake in the daytime, or more frequently if he desires. As long as he seems alert when he is awake, and is gaining weight (for breastfed babies the norm is at least 6oz a week) I would let him sleep. Congrats! My DD didn't sleep that long until she was 19 mos old!
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 11:57 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Check this out, hope it helps:

kellymom.com :: Sleeping Through the Night

doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:59 PM on Sep. 26, 2009