Any Ideas????

Okay so before anyone tells me I need to go see my doctor, I've already done so, numerous times, we just can't figure out what's going on here. Since April, practically since my D&C for a miscarriage in which I had to be catheredized (However you spell it), I have been having urinary and Kidney problems. I'm not sure if they are linked in anyways though. Here's a list of what has been happing to me, if you have any ideas please help!
- I've had 3 urinalysis'
- First one I tested positive for a UTI (Within a week of D&C)
- I've tested positive twice for red blood cells, but no bacteria (Infection),
- I've had flank pain on and off, more often then not
- I have the burning, but it starts a while after I've done my business but there isn't really any pain during the process
- I have on and off undescribable discomfort in my lower abdominal region

Has ANYONE experienced anything like this or have any idea what this could be????

Soon2Be8489

Asked by Soon2Be8489 at 11:29 AM on Sep. 26, 2009 in Health

• It sounds like you might be having bladder spasms. These can start after having a UTI or being cathed. There are meds but the side effects can be worse than the bladder spasms. Try to not let your bladder get full and try not to push real hard when you go.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:34 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Would that be causing blood to show up in my urine and kidney pain though?
    Soon2Be8489

Answer by Soon2Be8489 at 11:36 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Ditto first poster
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• sounds like my mom ,
    Not to scare you at all but what ended up happneing with her is she later was told she had kidney cancer and had to have one removed.
    Not saying that is what it is but it just sounds like what happened to my mom.
    If your dr cant figure it out I would really look in to another dr.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:38 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Some people, like me, are just prone, for some reason, to get UTIs or inflamations of the urinary tract more easily than others. (I have also had bladder spasms) It's oh so lovely. I drink Lots of water and use a homeopathic remedy (cranberry.) This is good for prevention and when an infection is coming on. At least for me it is.
    As far as the blood, it sounds like kidney infection, even though they find no bacteria. Especially with the pain you've experienced. Go see a different doc if this one can't figure you out soon, because kidney problems are serious business.
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 11:51 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I went through something similar. In two years I was at the er about 12 times. They kept telling me I had a bladder infection. Then one day I was driving to work and blacked out. My dad took me to the ER and they did xrays only because they were making sure i didnt hurt anything when I ran my car off the road. They discovered that I had a kidney stone that was 7mm. Two days later I had emegency surgery to remove it. The dr said that it was more than likely I had it for quite some time. Now, I get them quite often. The main cause is Coffee, peanuts, and green vegitables. If you have a lot of any of those you could have one. I would mention it to the dr.
    dolphinkisses

Answer by dolphinkisses at 3:10 AM on Sep. 27, 2009