Biting the spoon?

My DD bites her spoon when I'm feeding her. Do you think she is ready for solid foods?

sopheeahsmommy

Asked by sopheeahsmommy at 11:42 AM on Sep. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• couldnt hurt to try she might not be ready for puffs yet or the cookies but try the yorgurt bites to help her learn how to chew.. stage 3 foods help too although my son hated them. but start a lil at a time
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• how old is she? and that depends on what u mean by solid foods/
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Not baby food but like solid foods. Like gerber puffs and yogurt melts.
    sopheeahsmommy

Answer by sopheeahsmommy at 11:45 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• How old is she?
    Most likely.
    My son (11 months) has been eating solids for a while now, just cut into tiny pieces. I was told that once he knows how to push food to the side of his mouth, he's learned to gum/chew his food. It's trial and error. Try her with something like a soft piece of fruit and see how she does. Never know till you try!
    My son still bites the spoon though when eating baby food or applesause, etc. He's teething so it's a nice relief for him. I make a game of it like shaking it gently and making a "grr" noise. Oh man he cracks up and I'm able to get the spoon out :o)
    proudsinglmomy

Answer by proudsinglmomy at 11:45 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Just try giving her a yogurt puff. Then you'll be able to determine if she's comfortable chewing. Again though, depends on age.
    proudsinglmomy

Answer by proudsinglmomy at 11:46 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• She is six months old but she has been eating baby food for a while now. since like 3 months. The doctors said to do it. She eats fresh fruit out of her mesh feeder.
    sopheeahsmommy

Answer by sopheeahsmommy at 11:48 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• At 6 months she should be old enough to finger feed herself things like bananas, sweet potatoes, shaved meat, steamed veggies.

There is good info on solids at www.kellymom.com
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:07 PM on Sep. 26, 2009