how do stay at home moms beat boredom?

being a stay at home mom made me learn some amazing skills but I'm back to work now and between working 50 hours a week and keeping the house up I still have a lot of free time on my hands on saturdays (How i have no idea) so what are your boredom busters (oh and one of the reasons I went back to work was because I was SO bored and cash was tight)

katiekruschke

Asked by katiekruschke at 11:44 AM on Sep. 26, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• i scrapbook, work with my toddler and teach him his letters, numbers, ect, go on playdates, ect.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Do yard work. Run errands. Watch tv or watch things I saved on DVR. Do things on computer, cafe mom, face book, my space,. Play my PS2 game. If you have kids at home, spend time with them.

Answer by louise2 at 11:50 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I wish I was bored lol, I am constantly on the go and have something i need to do. When I went form being a working mom to a SAHM I thought okay finally I can get everything done and have me time HA that was probably the biggest lie I ever told myself.

I guess it depends on how many kids you have, their ages and what size your home is. Personally I spend alot of time both in my house celaning and outside working on my yards, I also have 3 kids in school but one is half days so every 3 hours i seem to be driving to the school and then running like crazy for everything else they have going on.

I am sure next year I will find time to be bored but knowing me Ill start working on the projects around the house I dont have time for right now :)
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 11:53 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• house work..it seems to never end with a 2week old
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 11:56 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Quality time with children
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:03 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• how do you still have free time, when I was working I had no free time maybe just on sat. but I would use that time to spend with family and friends. I would take my son somewhere, bring him to a friends house and visit family. Between working and cleaning house it's allot!!
    LandonsMom321

Answer by LandonsMom321 at 2:30 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I have 7 people in my family, along with 3 dogs, 3 cats and 2 horses. I garden then can or freeze the produce. I cook most meals from scratch, I clean, do 2 or 3 loads of laundry every day. I also homeschool the 3 youngest kids (tweens). There is NEVER a boring moment in my house.

For hobbies I crochet, cross stitch, read, swim in the pool, ride horse, research, do photography, do stuff with the kids, etc.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 2:34 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I guess I am in the minority because I went from being a full-time college student (graduated in May) and now I am a SAHM. Yes, I get BORED. I was suppossed to get a job teaching middle school, but I got pregnant in July. Because of previous health issues, I knew I would be high risk and shouldn't try to get a job while pregnant. Sure enough, I am only 13 weeks along and have been on bed rest 3 times.

I think it is a noble thing, to stay home and take care of your family. But I guess I am too selfish or something because the SAHM gig is just not for me. I stayed home 1.5 years with my 4 year old. With this baby I plan on staying home only untill next school year starts. The baby should be born at the end of March, and September 1st the school year starts. Come hell or high water, I will have a job. Hopefully ;)
    ave.maria.

Answer by ave.maria. at 6:05 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• No boredom if you have kids.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:58 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I have no children at home now. I like to scrapbook for my grandkids, I crochet, cross stitch, sew and read. I try to get out a little each day, take a walk or window shop.
    meandmyshadow

Answer by meandmyshadow at 4:50 PM on Sep. 29, 2009