Do the grammar and spelling mistakes on Cafemom scare you.

OK I debated with myself about asking this question for a long time. I do not want to come across as condescending or snobby because I'm not. But I want to know if I am the only one who is shocked how often people use extremely bad English and spell very common words wrong. I have seen a few posts where women seem to not realize that the word "an" exists, as in they will say "I bought and apple" instead of ''I bought an apple". This is what I mean by common. Now I am not the best speller in the world. I use spell check every now and again, and I understand that some people are very smart and still can't spell. As far as bad English goes, I guess it can just boil down to how you're raised. Either way I'm still shocked by the amount of it I see on Cafemom. Have you guys noticed?

PS I do not think I'm perfect OK, please don't take it as that.

shawneewaiting

Asked by shawneewaiting at 11:48 AM on Sep. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes I've noticed...and yes it scares me.
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 11:49 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• ever heard of a typo?
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:50 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• hey, shut up. Is that righy?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Sorry I ment right not righy. It was a typo ... u
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• nope, doesn't scare me. aggrivates the hell outta me though when everyone tries to correct you if you got a freakin word spelled wrong.
    Anonymous

• Damn it, now i put a U for no reason. I can't win
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• haha ^
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 11:54 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I think you could have better things to worry about. Also, how can you lump that into how someone is raised? Shame on you. Some people just type too fast and don't check and some try to shorten words. Next time you ask a question use a question mark instead of a period.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• No it doesnt scare me
    There are people who cant spell
    There are things caleld typos
    There are people who didnt get a great education
    What bugs me is the high and mighty people who seem to want to call people out on it.
    Maybe they really dont know and you make them feel like crap .
    If you can correct it them you obviously can read it so just answer the question and dont pry in to why the person cant spell.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:58 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• it doesn't bother me here on CM.. I figure most of them are typos or people really just can't spell..
    What worries me is my college level classes where people are supposed to use spell check and there is a free grammar editing program.. Some of the posts I read in there make me think, 'what the hell is doing in college?' They need to go back to grade school grammar!

On here.. we're all different from different backgrounds, educational levels, etc.. but on there its a little different.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 11:58 AM on Sep. 26, 2009