The Care Credit credit card for dental work?

Does anyone have an experience with this? The dental office seemed to spend more time opening up this credit line than discussing the work to be done. The office is very large and has been around for 3 years so I don't know.

LauraMi261

Asked by LauraMi261 at 11:51 AM on Sep. 26, 2009 in Money & Work

• I think that's the one the dentist office here set mom up with when she got majorly behind and they didn't want to fool with her anymore (despite the fact that Chris the dentist pressured her into having all the work done even though she repeatedly told him there was NO MONEY...oh we will work with you....bleh.) I will look around. Be sure and nag. You know how my mind doesn't work.

They spend time setting that up to be sure they will get paid -- then they will worry about what they are being paid for. Just how it is now.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 1:28 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I use it all the time, so I don't have to shell out cash to pay, it give me more time to come up with the money without % if you pay it off monthly.

Answer by older at 11:55 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• We have one, its for my husbands dental work. We had lots of questions so we spent a lot of time talking about the work to be done and barely any time on the credit card. Our total was almost $6000, we pay $148 a month.
    I will say that we are really disappointed with the dentist office. We haven't even had all the work done yet but we pay on it. They have canceled numerous appt and changed appt times 2 or 3 times. We have also been sent to 2 different offices just to get most of the work done. We are going through Allcare Dental.
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 11:56 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• The dental office ended up charging an extra $800 to make up the total amount that was put on the card. I guess, as long as he is happy with the work we will just deal with it. I tried to argue, by email, and a few months later we received a $25 refund. I know, I know, but I suck at confrontation.
    LauraMi261

Comment by LauraMi261 (original poster) at 8:40 AM on Jul. 1, 2010