when did you stop bringing the stroller?

At what age did you stop bringing a stroller with you? Not for long days, but just quick trips someplace? And when did you stop making your kids ride in the cart at a store? My son just started walking, 9 months, and now he doesn't want to sit in the cart anymore, hes 10 months now. He wants to push the cart. I'm okay with this, I was just wondering what other moms do. Thanks for the advice :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Sep. 26, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I keep the umbrella stroller in my car at all times because my son doesn't always want to walk. We still use the bigger stroller too. My son is almost 3 and he still rides in the cart, we won't walk through the store, he asks to be put in the cart!!
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 11:58 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• i stopped bringing strollers for my son when he was about 15 months, i just held his hand when we walked. he sat in the buggy at the store until he was 16 months, when his sister was born. granted, he didn't start walking till 14 months, but i probly would have kept him in the buggy till that age anyway, kids don't really listen to you when you tell them to hold the buggy and stay with you when they're that young.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:02 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• DS is three and a half and about half the time he still goes in the cart. If he wants to push it we let him (good exercise for him) and if not he has to have a hand on the cart. We still have an umbrella stroller in the car just in case. If he crashes in the car (its about 20 min to the nearest mall) we might grab the stroller so if he wants to go back to sleep, we aren't dealing with cranky child while trying to shop.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 12:40 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• if i tried to go grocery shopping without my son in the cart, it would take 3 hours. lol. he's 2. i would imagine it's the same for you with a 10 month old...? if you think you will want him to ride in the cart so you can get your shopping done you should probably keep him in the habit. :) congrats on your early walker! that's so cute.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:23 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• My dd is 15 months old and I let her walk besides me if the errand is within a SHORT walking distance (like a few blocks). Otherwise she goes in the umbrella stroller.

At the grocery store, she is given only one option: sitting in the cart. There's way too many people and carts and I don't want her to get bumped or kidnapped. Plus it would take too much time to get through our shopping if she was allowed to walk freely. If her dad joins me in the shopping trip, he will sometimes let her walk around with him for a bit, just to stretch her legs.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 8:53 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I keep the stroller in the truck, but I almost never pull it out. My older DD willbe 3 in December and my younger one is 10 months. The older one usually walks and the younger one just rides in the sling. That way I don't have to worry about her squirming and standing up in the cart, and I don't have to worry about lugging the stroller in and out of the car.
    SnuggyBaby

Answer by SnuggyBaby at 10:21 AM on Sep. 27, 2009