When did you wean your baby from a bottle?

How long did you formula feed your baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:10 PM on Sep. 26, 2009 in General Parenting

• 1 year old. On their birthday the bottles where thrown in the trash.

Answer by louise2 at 12:11 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• 1 year old. i started it 2 weeks before their birthday, so by the time they were one they were totally on milk, and using sippies
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 12:13 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• We got rid of the bottles at a year old as well.
    trevsrockinmom

Answer by trevsrockinmom at 12:13 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• my sons 10 mnth right now and he only gets a bottle at night. try using the soft tip sippy cups, they wont like it at first but stick to it. and i say by the time they have teeth or 1 you need to sto all together with a bottle...but ask your dr.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 12:13 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• 10 months my dd was using a sippy cup, but i put formula in it until she was a year old
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 12:14 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I started weaning them off around 10 months by cutting out bottles during the day. By 11 months they were down to 2 a day (before nap and before bed). By the time they turned 1 they were down to just 1 bottle before bed and after they turned one that was gone. They were all drinking plain milk months before they turned 1. They got it occasionally with their meals so they were used to the taste already. I never had any trouble switching them.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:15 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• My first never used a bottle. I BF my second until he self weaned at 10.5 months old. I gave him formula in a bottle (but all other liquids he got in a sippy cup) from 10.5 months to 13.5 months and then switched him to cow's milk. At 15 months, I started putting milk in a sippy cup during the day and only give him milk in a bottle before naps and bed time. He is 17 months now and still takes a bottle for naps and bed time. He drinks fine from the sippy during the day, but doesn't drink as much or as fast as he does with a bottle. I just want his tummy nice and full before he goes to sleep. Next month I will wean him from the bottle and pacifier (I only let hims have it while sleeping) completely.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 12:28 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I had the hardest time getting my son off the bottle, i stopped formula at 1 but he had his bottle until he was 2 but i only gave it to him at bedtime. I stopped formula at 1 with my daughter but she is 16 months now and won't go to sleep without her bottle, but we plan on getting rid of it in the next month or 2.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 12:28 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• My daughter wouldn't take a bottle or formula from 9months on. So from the time she was 9months old she was on regular milk and a sippy cup. When she was 2yrs old, she was useing a regular small childs cup without a lid.
    kathynej7142007

Answer by kathynej7142007 at 12:51 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I never did force my son off the bottle. My oldest had his bottle until he got rid of it. He was 2.5 years old. As for being on formula, he was most BF but got formula from time to time until he was 8 months old.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 1:37 PM on Sep. 26, 2009