I've been bleeding for 80 days so far...

I wanted to know if this has happened to anyone else:
My twin boys were delivered c-section on July 8th 2009. It is now September 26th and I am still bleeding, after 80 days (11 weeks 3days). I was given the depo-shot when I left the hospital. I was on it after having my daughter December 05 and my last shot was September 05. I spotted spiratically here and there, that's apparently normal with the depo. But this time I have constant sharp pains in my lower ab and really heavy bleeding. It pours out like water. It's usually bright red but last week there were 3 days where it was as black as the letters you're reading now. I just want to know if this has happened to anyone else on the planet. My doctor says it's completely normal, but other women around the area I've talked to say they bled anywhere from 2-6weeks after having a baby, both natural and c-section. Please help if you can, thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:10 PM on Sep. 26, 2009 in Health

• I think you need another opinion, that or your doing to much to soon and need to rest, which I'm sure isn't much of an option with your kiddos.
    kryssie78

Answer by kryssie78 at 12:13 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• that happened to me after my son I got the depo and bled for 3 months straight, Never again will I get that shot
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:19 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• the depo shot made me bleed for a year and 3 months. i will never go on birth control like that again
    Cyarasmom

Answer by Cyarasmom at 1:27 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I bled for 2-3 months strait after i got the depo but then it stopped for almost 2 years and i only got the shot 3 times.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 1:54 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• when i got the depo-shot when i was 14 i had my period for 5 months non stop..i hated it..you might want to change your birth control to something else..when it is time for you to go back and get the next shot just ask your doctor and tell he/she what is going on
    s.bryant

Answer by s.bryant at 4:50 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I used to think depo was the greatest thing and was on it for years until I did some research... google depo provera and see what you get... that stuff is nasty - I cannot believe it is even legal
    cat1622

Answer by cat1622 at 8:40 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• i was on depo shot for 3 months and wouldnt stop bleeding til about 7 months after i stopped...me and my husband have been trying for a baby for 3 years. and my doctor told me that the depo shot can effect some woman to where they wont be able to have more kids at all. they didnt tell me that when they gave me the shot after my first baby. and now i think it may have happened to me :( dont use depo.. ever.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:09 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Thank you all soooo much! My next shot is due the 3rd, I'm not getting it again. After my daughter I spotted lightly for 9 months no period for two years, first period I got pregnant and had a miscarriage second period I had the twins and I haven't stopped bleeding. When I sit down on the toilet it pours out, sounds like I'm peeing although I'm not. Its the blood. The last few days I have been in so much pain I would rather be in labor. The paper I recieved from another doctor says: (And I am posting it so everyone can see it who may be on or thinking about going on Depo-Provera) NOTIFY YOUR HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONAL IMMEDIATELY IF YOU EXPERIENCE ANY OF THE FOLLOWING: ***HEAVY OR CONTINUOUS BLEEDING***ABDOMINAL PAIN*** ALSO: Can cause light spotting and infertility when stopped... Yeah it's normal if something is wrong. My doctor is a MORON...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Oct. 1, 2009