when can you find out your having twins?

i was just woundering how earily you can tell your having twins? how earily will you begin to show with twins? i think im a little bigger now then i was with my other 2 kids... twins run in both mine and my hubbys family.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:12 PM on Sep. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• At 6 weeks they can see two separate embryos. Or at least starting to separate if they aren't two separate eggs already. I found out I was having twins at my first sonogram done at 16 weeks. They could also tell one was a boy. My third sonogram announced two boys. I am only 5' 3" 126lbs and I started showing really really early. At 2 months I looked 4 months pregnant and by 5 I looked like I was ready to pop. My belly was almost transparent by 35weeks when I delivered. But I started showing immediatly. 2 weeks after intercourse I FELT pregnant then by the time I took my pregnancy test after 4 weeks I already had a little bump on my lower ab and if I wore jeans I felt crampy. Good luck to ya, I hope you are having twins, they're so much fun! Strange to me, but the two boys together are easier than my daughter was by herself.
    DesJordan

Answer by DesJordan at 12:18 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• MY QUESTION: im actully 4 weeks now, but i feel like my lower belly is starting to get rock hard and slightly more rounder then i remember it being with my other 2. and yes the crampy feeling is there all day. iv gained 4lbs already, thats actully how i knew i was pregnant before i took a test, im 5'6" and 105lbs normally, and its very hard for me to gain any weight to begin with. so when i got on a scale and it said 109lbs, i knew something was up. thats for your reply!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:28 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Yeah, if I had to guess, I'd say you are having twins.... So if you wait about two more weeks they can tell if they'll give you a songogram that early. You can request it if you think there might be two. But with two babies, I definatly blew up quickly. I only gained what the babies, water and placenta weighed. By 35 weeks I was 178lbs!!! I gained about a pound everyweek for the first 16 and then 2-3lbs every week after that!!! With my daughter I gained a total of 15lbs-her weight, the placenta and water. I weighed less after she came out then I did before I got pregnant. So yeah, it was much faster than a singleton birth!!! :) But the time goes by sooooooooooooo slow!!! I'd definatly try for the sonogram at 6 weeks!!!!!
    DesJordan

Answer by DesJordan at 12:35 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• MY QUESTION: Oh man... i dont know if i am ready for twins! lol. my son is 3 and my daughter is only 10 months! either way, id say ill be very busy here soon. thanks again!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:08 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• lol, yeah, its not too bad. My daughter is 3 and she actually tries to help alot. She's really good about it too. It's not as hard as you'd think. Plus as you already know, with your first child everyone makes it sound like its going to be so hard and you need this and that and a diaperbag full of junk. When after the first month or so you realize you only a handful of wipes maybe 3 or 4 diapers, extra bottle and that's it. It can easily fit in your purse. With two babies, right away you figure out how to pick them up together, first couple of days you can already change them at the speed of light. (Both my boys peed IN MY FACE at the SAME TIME lol) It's really not that bad, I PROMISE!!! :) :) :) But I'd really like to know what you find out at your sono!!!
    DesJordan

Answer by DesJordan at 2:42 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I will say that weight gain is no way to tell! I delievered triplets. I did not find out I was expecting triplets until I was 20 weeks (when I had my first ultrasound. I was measuring small at 19 weeks. It was a complete surprise!
    gkm15099

Answer by gkm15099 at 6:01 PM on Sep. 26, 2009