Boys were born 7/8/09 still bleeding...

I wanted to know if this has happened to anyone else:
My twin boys were delivered c-section on July 8th 2009. It is now September 26th and I am still bleeding, after 80 days (11 weeks 3days). I was given the depo-shot when I left the hospital. I was on it after having my daughter December 05 and my last shot was September 05. I spotted spiratically here and there, that's apparently normal with the depo. But this time I have constant sharp pains in my lower ab and really heavy bleeding. It pours out like water. It's usually bright red but last week there were 3 days where it was as black as the letters you're reading now. I just want to know if this has happened to anyone else on the planet. My doctor says it's completely normal, but other women around the area I've talked to say they bled anywhere from 2-6weeks after having a baby, both natural and c-section. Please help if you can, thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:12 PM on Sep. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I stopped bleeding around week 4 after delivery (vaginal) and each day that passed before that, my bleeding became less and less and more brown looking than red. Seems odd to me that you would still be bleeding this long after but it could be completely normal for all I know. Just keep your doc informed and as long as he/she isn't concerned than I would just grin and bear it.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 12:32 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• My bosses girlfriend bled for about 4 months because of the depo shot. The doctors told her it was normal too, but she started losing her hair and was so anemic and weak that she passed out while sitting down. That shot is a nightmare, everyone I know that has used it has had horrible side effects and/or miscarriages. I recommend not taking it again and talking to your doctor about starting the pill instead to regulate the bleeding.
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 12:59 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• OH WOW thank you guys I mean gals sooooo much!! And yeah, that's really bad... she could have died! I'm definately not getting it again. I mean the first time I got it, I was fine. I spotted a few times and I did lose weight really quickly, that wasn't good, but other than that everything was fine. Just this morning when I woke up, I couldn't move it hurt so bad! I called him and he said it was normal, AGAIN. That's not normal. Being in constant pain and bleeding continuously without stopping for 3 months is not normal, its rediculous. I can't take the pill, I'm allergic to something in it. :( Almost died on it before. But I'll definately see what other options I have. Thank again! :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:36 PM on Sep. 26, 2009