Food stamps

Just a little rant from me. I have had to apply for food stamps. Not a high point in my life, but I am a single mom who just was laid off. I am activly looking for a job and plan to only use these for this month because I need them! I am not working and my sons need to eat comes before my pride.
I always hear these women on here complain that they don't get enough in food stamps, that it's nothing!
I am getting almost double from food stamps than I usually budgeted for food a month!
I wish these leaches would quit complaining and be grateful that they are getting help! I am happy to get this help in my time of need!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:18 PM on Sep. 26, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I get too much and I am like there is no way I can spend this much a month so usually I just buy alot of meat and bring it to my grandmothers to put in her deep freezer or just let the money roll over so I know if I ever stop getting my benefits I will have enough food to last like a year.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• This topic doesn't belong here.

This is Politics & Current Events.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:24 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• i get too much too. i end up rolling it over. I think it's because of the way i shop. i never pay full price for anything. i search for sales and i go to like 5 different supremarkets. My freind she makes more than me and she never has money and by the end of the month she is complaining she doesn't have food. i don't understand it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:25 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• food stamps is a govt program sure it belongs in politics!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• The people that say they dont get enough are the ones that most likely spend 90% of it on junk food and things they dont neeed. I get more than enough and honestly Ill buy my grandparents some food too.
    For our family of 5 we get almost 600 a month. That is just alot!
    We too are looking for work. Thank god some places are starting to hire for the holidays. Just FYi for youo toysrus and babies r us are doing big hiring for the holidays!
    I would for sure look into them :)
    Anonymous

• Wow!  Awesome for you!  I'm happy that you are grateful and not whining about how little you are getting.  A positive outlook is a beautiful thing.  I'm sorry that you've fallen on hard times but that's why food stamps exist in the first place.  Now, I do get angry also when I hear about how "little" someone is getting.  I know everyone's view on what isn't enough is different but hey, every little bit helps.  Good luck!

Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 12:26 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Op here- I guess it is the way I shop too. Even before I lost my job, I am a single mom, living on one income, I learned to make things work! I never shop without my coupons and find the best sales from papers.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:27 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• It depends on the state. In some states it is much harder to get food stamps and you get less.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:27 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I get almost more in food stamps than I make in a month . My husband has been looking everywhere around here for a job, and hasn't had any luck yet. Same for me. I've been looking for something better. This month, I got lucky at work, though. We had like 4 people quit so I got double the hours I usually do. Now, I'm back to 2 days a week, begging for more hours. Usually, I make up to $400 a month. After bills, I was spending about $100 a month (if I got REALLY lucky with bills being low) on food before that. We were basically starving so that most of that money went for food for our 11 month old. I hope that we can afford to buy food again within the next month or so (been on FS for almost 2 months). I had to put my pride aside for my baby, too, and I don't regret it. She's more important to me. I am so grateful that we could get help while we need it & I never take it for granted. I'd do anything for my daughter.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 12:30 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• politics is government but ITS P.O.L.I.T.I.C.S NOT THE SAMETHING
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:31 PM on Sep. 26, 2009