Its been 13 days since I last talked to my ex... when does it all stop? The phone calls, the text messages, the begging?

He has a really bad drinking problem and the he was doing it everyday, my son hadn't seen him for a month and I seen him about three times during that month. It was all too much for me to handle so I told him I was done. He wanted me to support him and I tried but I ended up just being his punching bag. Everyday since the last day I talked to him he keeps calling me, writing me and asking me to talk to him... I haven't. He says he has been sober and now he can feel again, that he cries a lot and is sorry for everything he has done... that he wants us to be together. One night he asked me to tell him if I wanted him to leave me alone and I told him yeah, that I was done... definently something he's never heard before because usually I take him back, he was in shock... lol. I wanna remain strong... when does it all stop, when will he go away? Has this happened to you... how long did it take? Oh yeah, I am very proud of myself.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:19 PM on Sep. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• It will stop when you make him totally understand .'YOU DO NOT WANT HIM BACK ANYMORE'.

Answer by louise2 at 12:23 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Divorce? That cured it for me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:25 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• We're not married or I would have definitely filed for divorce by now. I have told him that I am done and I have ignored everything from him since the last day I talked to him. The only time I have talked to him since then was at work cause we work for the same company but that is it and I was pretty cold towards him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Delete the calls, emails, msgs without listening/reading them. He is trying to wear you down. As soon as you give in it will go back to the way it was. Remember that.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:31 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• take him bake! are you seeing someone else??
    evilive

Answer by evilive at 1:06 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I am not seeing anyone else... I just know that I can't put myself in that abusive situation again. Even if he is sober right now, there is very good possibilty that he will drink again.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:08 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• help him, dude. is he the father of your children? dont give up on that man
    evilive

Answer by evilive at 1:14 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• He is not the father of my son... I have been through this battle with him for a year now, we were together for 2... he needs to go find another punching bag if you know what I mean. He said some bad things about my son when he was drunk and that crossed the line.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:15 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• kudos to you for your courage.
    evilive

Answer by evilive at 1:23 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Thank you... it's hard but I gotta stay strong.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:26 PM on Sep. 26, 2009