Update from a question asked a few days ago...

I asked for prayer a few days ago because I broke my arm and cracked the other at work and have been growing increasingly frustrated at the rate of healing that has taken place. Well, I ran into a doctor that has a plane at the airport where I work, and I described the procedure done on my arm and asked how long I'm looking at recovery. Sometimes a person just needs a little reassurance! Anyway, he told me anywhere from three to six months, and since it hasn't been quite two months since I fell, IT REALLY HELPED.

I would like to thank everyone who sent up prayers on my behalf. They have helped a LOT.

rhope4

Asked by rhope4 at 12:23 PM on Sep. 26, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• That reasurance is all we need at times. God Bless
    oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 12:25 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• praying didnt do anything for u.. it was goin to be like that regardless
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:40 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Anon 12:40, she wasn't talking to you, if you didn't pray for her . She was talking to the ladies who DID pray for her. Rhope, glad that you have been given a needed confirmation. {{{HUGS}}}

eeyoreplus4

Answer by eeyoreplus4 at 12:58 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Anon, whether prayer did anything or not is beside the point. I believe in a God Who answers prayer, and only He would know how things would've turned out WITHOUT the prayer. Either way, it's a much needed psychological boost that I was sorely needing and HAVE BEEN NEEDING FOR SOME TIME.

Again, I express appreciation to those who DID and HAVE BEEN praying for me. For those of you who didn't, like eeyoreplus4 said, this post wasn't for you.
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 1:19 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Yay!!! Thank You Jesus!!!

I am so happy that He gave you some encouragement, so now you can see that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Hang in there. And I will continue to keep a quick healing for you in my prayers : )
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 1:53 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Thank you. I AM seeing some improvement, but until I talked to that doctor, I was incredibly frustrated and discouraged.

I go back to office work in a week, and I'm looking forward to it! Can't refuel airplanes til I make a more full recovery, but typing and writing aren't problems as I've been blessed with the gift of being ambidextrous (can do things with both hands).
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 2:10 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• The best thing I've learned through becoming a practicing person is that we are commanded to have patience because through it we get exactly what we need. Glad you were able to get an answer that helped you. broken bones, fractures and things of that nature take time. A better prayer would be to ask God to heal you properly so that you won't experience any pain later. There is wisdom in the healing process of all injuries. take care
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:45 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• rhope4,
    I'm glad God gave you an encouraging word. I will continue to pray for your complete recovery.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 3:57 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I will say more prayers for you!!!
    Littlebit722

Answer by Littlebit722 at 4:43 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• anon 1:45, I couldn't agree with you more.

We always want patience, but we want it RIGHT NOW, lol.
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 8:11 PM on Sep. 27, 2009