Why is my infant coughing?

My daughter (and my 4th child so I'm experienced) has this awful sounding cough that sounds alot like a croupy type cough. The only problem is.....she's not sick. She has no other symptoms of being sick besides a hacking, choking kind of cough. There is no rhyme or reason to it and she doesn't do it constantly, I would say most often is after feeding or just before waking up. She generally doesn't spit up either. She of course does the little bits of spit up here and there and the other day had a large amount hurl over my shoulder but other than that, none. Has anyone ever had a similar experience? She is almost 11 weeks old and this has been going on for about 6 weeks (guessing). Hearing any other similar experiences would be helpful. Right now I feel like I'm looking for a needle in a haystack.

jaynes4jesus

Asked by jaynes4jesus at 12:35 PM on Sep. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Ashtma?
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:38 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Id go to the dr even tho it doesnt seem like sheis sick there is something going around With babies and adults. It starts as a cough then to a runny stuffy nose and fever,.
    My cousin and her baby are both sick with it and both were one of many according to their drs.
    I to am sick with it and so is my hsuband and daughter. It is going around .
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:40 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• has she had her whooping cough vaccine yet? I dont remember the ages of shots, my kiddos are all older.....but I do know that adults are usually no longer immune to whooping cough and we can easily pass it on to kids and babies. Just a suggestion and something else to think about.
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 12:55 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• A friend of mine just went through having her baby sick with whooping cough. It went on for a while until he was better. And it is very much like you described. Check with your doc. Hope your little one is better soon.
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 2:44 PM on Sep. 26, 2009