how to get relief from this pain ?

well it has been 2 weeks now and i had went to the dr. and was told i had a bad sinus infection[in which i had been to the hospital 4 days prior to that-for kidney stones and aked the dr. if he would check me out and he told me that i had to be sick for 10 days before he would even look at me for a sinus infection]and that i had pneumonia-Thank god i did not wait for 10 days before i went to see the dr. again. so anyway from the coughing i have this horrible pain in my left breast and under my arm. It is so painful to cough or even breath. does anyone have any ideas as anything that would help-DESPERATE .

ballmom12

Asked by ballmom12 at 1:04 PM on Sep. 26, 2009 in Health

• Sounds like you might have pulled a muscle. Maybe try a heating pad? It usually goes away a few days after the cough stops but i've really never anything to help with it. Sorry and good luck.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 1:57 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• go into the bathroom, shut the door, and run hot water in the shower until steam builds up. This will help loosen up the congestion and make coughing easier and more productive. You can also rub mint oil or lavender oil into your back to help relax the soreness. Plus the mint can help your breathing
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 2:10 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• also hold your arms over your head after you cough- it works for my occassional asthma, i have no idea why
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 2:12 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't break one of your ribs. They can brake so easily for some people and they say it can happen when having violant coughs. For the sinus have you tried cleaning your sinus? http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/526477/beat_sinus_problems_forever_with_the.html?cat=5
    They say it really helps people that have bad sinus problems. Kidney stones stop drinking soda/pop and start drinking lots of water, water with fruit, lemon, but lots of water.
    happynewyorker

Answer by happynewyorker at 7:45 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Thank you to everyone that responded to my question. I found out that i tore and ripped muscles in my chest from coughing and they said it should start to feel better in 1-2 weeks. Not looking forward to that but at least it will eventually get better. Once again THANK YOU ALL !!!!
    ballmom12

Answer by ballmom12 at 1:09 PM on Sep. 29, 2009