Do you think I'm a bad mother?

So according to a lot of you moms here I would be considered a horrible parent. I'm a single mother and I don't recieve child support actually my childs bio dad is in jail. I work numerous different jobs, I'm a hooters girl, a miller girl, and a bartender by night and by day I am a shop manager in a tattoo shop. I'm heavily tattooed and I have recieved PA before.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:06 PM on Sep. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Nope Mama you're not a bad mom...sometimes as an adult AND a mom we have to make some tough decisions. Also, nothing wrong with PA that's what it's there for. It's the stigma with PA because there are some people that get it and are content with just that. But, if you really need it I say go ahead since your taxes are paying for it lol. What it sounds like is that you're a mom who will do anything for your kid(s) and I can't sit here and say I wouldnt do the same. By the way, I have no tattoos but would like one maybe I'll come to see ya LOL! Screw anyone who thinks otherwise...KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK MAMA!
    MsTee78

Answer by MsTee78 at 5:59 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I think your a fine mom. I mean. who cares if you got PA before or if you work at a tattoo shop or any of your other jobs. You don't NEED a man.

GO YOU MAMA.

And no I'm not gonna post this anon because if you have a problem with it KISS MY A$$.
    sopheeahsmommy

Answer by sopheeahsmommy at 1:10 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• and? i dont get it! i cant say those would be my type of jobs but im not you,its best to work than to sit around and use the system.not a bad mom
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 1:10 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Do you hate your kids? I didn't see anything about mistreating your kids. Sounds like you work hard to take care of them. Good going Mama!
    It takes all different kinds to make up this great world. You do it your way, I will do it mine, and we will both have great kids!
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 1:13 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• nope..ur doing all u can! props to u girl! p.s i'm quite tattooed too and i don't think that should make us stereotyped as a bad mom tho i do get some looks from the PTA lol..and PA is there for people who need help..some people don't understand how hard it is to go down to PA and admit that u need help..as long as ur not abusing the system ( as in just living off of PA and doing nothing to help urself) and comitting welfare fraud, PA is there to help people...
    xdeviouskittyxx

Answer by xdeviouskittyxx at 1:15 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• My baby daddy is in jail too-of course that's how they get out of paying child support GRR! I have been a bartender before (actually I had to quit because I didn't want to get back into drinking heavily) and it was a great paying job, I have tattoos, I work full-time and am on some public assistance. So what, we take care of our kids the best we can, that's all that matters!
    Anyone who thinks you're a bad mom obviously has their own issues to deal with, ignore it. Unless you just want to start something, then whatever...
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 1:17 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• There are a lot of judgemental moms on here and I know what you are saying...BUT, you are taking care of your child, doing the best job you can. You said you have received PA before, but you weren't abusing the system with it. We all need help sometimes! I say fuck what anyone else says...you do what you have to do! :)
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 1:17 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• At least you're working! In this economy....hold on tight to those jobs. Just because he's in jail doesn't excuse him from his responsibilities. You should file for support anyway. There is a minimum he can pay while in jail (remember even criminals make money....our tax dollars at work!).
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 1:18 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• no you are what i called a hot momma!! lol good job
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 1:18 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• OP here I saw this response in another question and it got me thinking.

why are you a single mom in the first place? why didn't you get married before having a child, and why are you not getting child support? your lack of planning is not the taxpayers problem!

NOW I wanted to see how people judge other people by making assumptions because I am a single mother because I was raped and got pregnant and chose to have my child instead of having an abortion. I work my butt off to take care of my child!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:20 PM on Sep. 26, 2009