Christian ladies-do you have an example of an answered prayer?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:11 PM on Sep. 26, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• When I was 12 I got an infection that required a pic line to be put in my arm, so I could go home and still be on IV medicines. When it came time to get the line out it was stuck, &so doctors had 2 try & cut it out of my arm. Somehow they let go of the line & it got lose in my vein (which was not good as well) they were very afraid they would have to do open heart surgery to remove it which would be super risky as I am diabetic. My family said many prayers & priesthood holders from church gave me a blessing that I would be ok. The doctors decided to try 1 more thing to get the line out but didnt think it would work&had a helicopter ready to fly me to a pediatric hospital for the surgery. Amazingly the doctors somehow were able to retrieve the line through by going up my groin with a camera &tweezers. It was a procedure the doctors had never done before but they were blessed with the knowledge and ability to be successful

soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 1:37 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• It was definetly an answer to prayers! (Sorry the story is all jumbled together I didn't want to take up too much space!
    soccerchik8287

• Sure, well the most recent answered prayer was on Thursday, my four year old was sick. She had the flu (maybe the swine flu since it is going around in our area more than the seasonal flu and in the schools -- but they didn't test her). Well, she began throwing up violently on Wednesday night, and it continued regularly through the night and into the next day. She had a fever and a major headache, cough etc.

Well, she got REALLY bad on Thursday. She couldn't walk because her legs were weak and in aching and all she could do was wimper and cry. I was really worried about her, because she was obviously very ill. I was holding her and crying out to God to bring her relief. She was literally sobbing from the pain and it broke my heart.

So I took her to the Urgent Care, carrying her to and from the car because she couldn't walk, I took a bucket for her puke and extra clothes for both of us, towells etc. But . . . cont.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 1:41 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Within a half and hour of my prayer, not only was she feeling relief she stopped throwing up, and crying and she was even being silly and cracking jokes with the doctor! It was to the point that she didn't even look sick at all to him!!! She was laughing and smiling!!!

I was so happy that she was feeling better, but I was like "okay here is the doctor, show him how sick you are!!!" LOL. It was so dramatic, that I know that God answered our prayers.

I have seen many times when my DD prays or when the prayers have to do with her God moves in dramatic ways. I believe that He wants to convince her that He is real and that He loves her. It is to build her faith in Him. I trip out, but she just expects it!!!
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 1:44 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I'll get bashed and disagreed with for some of this, but I'll post it anyway.

I was in an abusive first marriage, and I didn't see ANY way out. I didn't have the job skills to support three kids, two of them are special needs, and I didn't have transportation. How I prayed for a way out of that situation!

Fast forward to three years ago. A friendship turned to romance against my beliefs, but the Lord showed me that I needed to be with this man. The man said he'd be there for me and the kids through EVERYTHING for the long haul, and all this is what gave me the courage to leave my abusive ex. We married as soon as was legal after my divorce was final, and abuse is a thing of my past now. I've never been happier and give credit to God all the way.
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 2:16 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• The fact that I am alive. I am sure is the result of families prayers and the grace of God. I was given drugs as a baby I hear. A plastic bag put over my head and pot blown into it till I passed out. I was kept in the same diaper for a long time, and had an infection till I was 8 y/o. Also who knows how often I was fed. But this is just me, my brother and sister were older and of course have memory of everything that happened to them, and there stories are different. But I believe we are all alive today by God's grace and mercy :)
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 2:25 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• rhope, I hope you don't get bashed. God does not want you to be abused by a man!!! I am happy that you are in a happy and healthy relationship now!!!
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 3:17 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I was driving in my car more than an hour from home. The car began to make serious jerking motions whenever it would automatically shift gears. The jerking motions were so violent that it would thrust me back and forth and I was certain that I was about to lose my transmission in the middle of the street so far from home. I got an instant spike of the spirit of fear, but I recalled that God did not give me a spirit of fear. That is of the enemy. So I immediately began to pray out loud (caring not about the strangers staring at me wildly at red lights) and telling God that I needed his help and thanking him for seeing me and my car safely home. Moments later the car quit jerking and calmed down immensely. I finished my ride home safely and even as far as I was from home....the gas gauge did not so much as move a tiny bit downward. When my husband took the car to the mechanic he was amazed......
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:20 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• ...he thought that from the sounds of it the transmission would need replaced. However, after adding tranny fluid it was absolutely fine and still is. Additionally, after I prayed about the car over and over on the ride home....I even lost a goofy little rattle that had been going on for years in the wheel cover dealie. (The mechanic had previously said the little sound was of no consequence.) After that day, there is not even the slightest hint of that goofy little rattling noise either.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:22 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I could fill books with answered prayer. Why though do we always assume that "answered prayer" means God did what we asked Him to do? I believe that God answers all prayers of those who are His children. Sometimes the answer is no, sometimes wait, sometimes it is a yes but in a different way than we expect. God is a loving Father and He knows what is best for us. I am just as thankful for the No answers as the yes's.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 3:46 PM on Sep. 26, 2009