It's bad to yell in front of your kids

Something crawled up my mom's butt today and i called her on speaker phone in front of my 6 month old daughter and she answered screaming and cursing, I was so upset I yelled back just to be heard over her, not being able to conrol my emotions... now I'm so upset with myself (and her) for yelling in front of my daughter... I can't stop beating myself up for it and crying ( she's been asleep for 2 hours) please some words of encouragement might help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:14 PM on Sep. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes, it's bad to yell in front of children.
    But most people do yell in front of their children at some point in time. It's not so much those once in a while moments that get the kids. It's when yelling is the main form of discipline or communication from one spouse to the other.
    Don't worry about it. She'll be just fine.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:17 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Honey, all of us have moments where our self control is less than perfect. Hollering is not child abuse, it's unfortunately a natural reaction to anger. Not only that, you were not yelling at your child. Take a deep breath, grab a soda from the fridge, sit on the couch and relax. I know that it's difficult and you feel bad, but IMO you did absolutely nothing horrible. I hope the rest of your day goes well and you do something nice for yourself.
    MansfieldMomma

Answer by MansfieldMomma at 1:18 PM on Sep. 26, 2009