can you freeze homemade shakes to save for later?

i'm sorry if this is a stupid question. is there any reason i can't make up a big bunch of fruity shakes (banana, peach), and keep them in the freezer for a week or so?

thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:37 PM on Sep. 26, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I would think they would freeze hard...and not taste the same...happens when my DD tries to save left over frosties...
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 1:38 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I have saved leftover soothies in ice cube trays...and poured fruit juice over the top...as they melt in your drink later...mmmmmmm...but I agree with a pp that they will freeze too hard...defeating your purpose if you leave them in a glass, or blender pitcher. You can blend fruit with alcohol and freeze without it turning rock solid...as long as there is not extra water content...but that I am sure is another post entirely...lol
    Cheapsk8mom

Answer by Cheapsk8mom at 11:44 PM on Sep. 26, 2009