How much milk should a 12 month old be drinking per day?

My daughter drinks cow's milk and I was wondering what th recommended amount per day was?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:00 PM on Sep. 26, 2009 in General Parenting

• 0 Cow's milk is for baby cows.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:02 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Yes, I suppose that is right Gailll... Though humans drink it too and it is very good for her. And if you feel she isn't getting enough, you can also offer her cheese or yogurt, to make sure she is getting enough calcium. HTH~
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 2:06 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I'm sure you could find the info on WebMD or something. I nursed (still nursing) my LO so I don't know exactly how much. I've researched for nutrition for my LO, I don't remember seeing how much he should be drinking at 1. Good luck, if all else fails go to your Ped, they'll know. :o)

Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 2:06 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• 3 servings of dairy a day. An 8 oz glass of milk is one serving, so if she's not having any other dairy, then 24 oz. Definitely not anymore than that. (And what's wrong with saying she's a year old? 12 months = 1 year...sorry, bugs me when anyone does that!).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:41 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• 0 Cow's milk is for baby cows.

Shut up with this already. She's not suddenly going to stop drinking milk, because you say so. Who the h*ll are you? I suppose you don't eat any animal products or anything that comes from a cow?
    Anonymous

• (And what's wrong with saying she's a year old? 12 months = 1 year...sorry, bugs me when anyone does that!).

Because a baby that is almost 2, say 22 months is also still a 1 year old. So what's so wrong with being specific? A lot changes from 12 months to 22 months.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:44 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• OP here... "Because a baby that is almost 2, say 22 months is also still a 1 year old. So what's so wrong with being specific? A lot changes from 12 months to 22 months."

This is why I say 12 months. I didn't know if children get less cow's milk the closer they are to 2 years old- I wanted to be specific so there would be no confusion.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:51 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Cow milk is for baby cows, and humans don't need it. Like many other nutrients, and despite the claims of the dairy industry, plant based calcium is superior to animal based. Here is some of what the doctors at the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine say: http://www.pcrm.org/health/prevmed/building_bones.html

Answer by rkoloms at 5:22 PM on Sep. 26, 2009