Where can I rent a heart doppler monitor thingy?

I want to rent one for cheap how much do they usually run? And where can I rent one?

Marah2008

Asked by Marah2008 at 2:16 PM on Sep. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You can't just buy or rent one. They are regulated by the FDA. You have to get one with a doctor's order.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:23 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• All I know is don't waste your money on the one from Wal Mart. We never heard anything with it, even right before my son was born. As far as the real ones go, I know at http://www.heartbeatsathome.com/dopplers.cfm you can rent one for $26 a month and it gets a little cheaper the longert you rent it.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 2:25 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Ditto Gailll... you have to have a prescription to have one legally.
    Besides, it isn't something that you want to expose your baby to on a daily basis. It works very similar to an ultrasound and if you look up how they work, they shouldn't been done often.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:37 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• If it wasnt legal they wouldnt be able to have a website or sell them, it would be banned. Go to the website, its fully legit
    Marah2008

Answer by Marah2008 at 3:55 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Heart tones.. we paid 90$ for seven months and it works great. They are legal and this particular one is FDA approved.
    MrsRudd

Answer by MrsRudd at 5:18 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I actually didn't mind the safety first one I bought at walmart. As long as I laid back and knew what I was listening for it worked...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:47 PM on Sep. 26, 2009