anon. button

Could the anonymous button be removed? Maybe it would eliminate some of the not so kind words and accusations towards one another? Would have nothing to hide behind.

3rdDay

Asked by 3rdDay at 2:24 PM on Sep. 26, 2009 in About CafeMom

• No, it should not be. It's an option that was meant for good. There are times when people want to ask a sensitive question or give a sensitive answer and they do not want to be made known. The Answers section is public and not every one wants every person in the world to see what they have asked or answered. There are other good reasons to use the anonymous option. Unfortunately some people use it for bad and THAT is what needs to be dealt with (and is when the Team is made aware of it).
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 4:11 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I think it should be.  I don't post anonymous ever and I still say what I have to say.  I think that some people on here only talk crap because they can hide.  I prefer to talk crap in the open,  ;)

Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 2:26 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• There are pros and cons both ways.

I've posted anon when I've been embarassed about the question and didn't want people to know who I am.

However, I agree that it would eliminate a lot of the harsh words.
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 2:30 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I'm quite sure that the nasty ones would find a way. My daughters myspace was "hacked" some time ago and she found out that "she" had sent alot of awful messages to her friends as well as telling everyone that she was a "murderous homosexual clown" Some people are BAD it seems like, no matter what. I know what you mean though.
    mygirlscome1st

Answer by mygirlscome1st at 2:32 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Maybe if enough people e-mail the cafemom admin., to eliminate it, they will consider doing so.
    3rdDay

Answer by 3rdDay at 2:32 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I agree with rhope4. The rudeness is no fun, but it's nice to have the anon button if you have an embarrassing question.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 2:35 PM on Sep. 26, 2009