what are some of your chirstmas traditions

what some of the dishes you cant go without on chirstmas and do you make them yourself do you go over the top on decorations ,do make dinner on the 24 or the 25

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:27 PM on Sep. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i love christmas,its so much fun,what i wanna start doing for my son is,now that he is old enough i wanna wake him up let him open his gifts and read him lots of christmas books,and eat cake and ice cream for breakfast and just let him have an all "kid" day.now dec 26 hes back to good healthy food lol.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 2:35 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I make breakfast cassarole christmas morning and my mom usually has dinner in the afternoon @ her place...we all hang up our ornaments from previous years and the kids try to guess whos and which year they are...We have a few decorations inside but Dh and the kids go nuts outside...
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 2:36 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Green bean casserole on Xmas eve, and usually a traditional English Tea Service on Xmas day. Usually we open presents on Xmas eve, and then Xmas day we spend with the family.
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 2:52 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• On Christmas eve, everyone just kind of relaxes & we play board games & have hot cocoa while I read the Christmas story & the Night before Christmas. Everyone gets to open one gift from someone in the house. The kids all go to bed by 10 :) Then hubby & I finish wrapping gifts & bring them all out & put the "Santa" gifts under the tree (those from "us" are already there). Then hubby & I sleep on the sleeper sofa with the Christmas tree lit all night. On Christmas morning, I am the most impatient one, so I wake up my oldest daughter & she helps me wake everyone else up. Then, in our jammies, we open all of our gifts. The boys then start cleaning up the living room while the girls start pulling out the food stuff. I send the kids off to play & hubby & I cook (actually he hands me stuff & I know what to do with it LOL). Dinner is always the same, but occasionally we add favorites by request.
    eeyoreplus4

Answer by eeyoreplus4 at 3:00 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• spinach dip, Hickory Farms beef stick, pumpkin pie, peacan pies, ham, turkey, and my husband makes a 5 layer cake from scratch with layers with almond flavoring and the icing is long cooked fudge that he beats down and keeps creamy so it will spread. Oh my!
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 3:30 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• We usually do turkey at Thanksgiving and ham at Christmas. We also have sweet potato casserole, moms homemade rolls, and what we call Christmas Crunch Salad, because it has tomatoes, broccoli, and cauliflower, hence the red, green, and white. The desserts change each year. Last year I did all finger desserts, this way people felt okay about eating more than one, and you could try one of everything. We had mini cupcakes, mini pecan bites, and something else but I forget.
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 4:14 PM on Sep. 26, 2009