is anyone else creeped out by the show "say yes to the dress"?

ok maybe it's just me since i bought s simple spring dress for my wedding dress, but i had to watch this show just once (like you have to watch the car wreck), and it is just as gross as i thought it would be. does anyone else find it as creepy? lol ;) i guess i can see how it can be a hard decision but seriously, it's just a dress! :D

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:27 PM on Sep. 26, 2009 in Entertainment

• I bought my wedding dress from david's bridal, but when I was talking with other people, they were really amazed I was willing to do that. They said they would NEVER want ANYONE else to wear their wedding dress, even to try on. Apparently its really important to some people. Many of those girls on that show spend more on their dress than I did on my entire wedding! I still like it though, i love wedding dresses.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 2:30 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I watched it a couple of times, and I am also amazed of how much they spend on their dress, and act like it's the most important thing in the whole wedding. I got married in a grey suit at city hall, and have been married for over 10 years now. Believe me, it's not the dress that makes the marriage!
    I also feel bad for the ladies that work in the store. They have to run around all day, trying to please the customers who are often whiny daddy's girls who can't make up their mind. And they only work on commision, so if they don't sell anything, they get fired.
    I saw this one episode with a greek girl that wanted a specific dress that was laround $24,000. And her daddy got it at the end, of course. On sale, but still very expensive. She just stood there crying and acted like "her" day would be ruined if she didn't have that dress. Geeez!
    LilyandEmmasMom

Answer by LilyandEmmasMom at 3:40 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• someone - now i can't remember if it was a bride or one of the workers - actually said that finding the perfect man is only half of the work. they have to find the perfect dress too. so the dress of the wedding is just as important as the groom i guess. lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:19 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I laugh at that show--all the superficial high -maintenance women thinking their dress is the main reason, the main attraction. I bought my own-it was a sample, did not need any alterations and cost $75.00. It was lovely , looked great on me (size 8 ) andI thought the most important thing was the marriage. The wedding is just a few hours and the dress, the cake,the food,etc. are so unimportant compared to the actual MARRIAGE! Those women are airheads. My grandaughter and I watched it last night and even at her young age of 12 he was smrt enough to realize it was stupid.Some dumb woman actually bought a dress she had returned a year before she looked again...talk about a waste of time and money. A whole year and she ends up with the first dress....that she didn't realize she had already bought and returned. Dumb.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:36 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I don't think it's creepy at all. I think the customers are extravagant and I feel like many of them can't actually afford to spend thousands on a wedding dress, but do it any way. I do like to watch the show though just to see the dresses because they are gorgeous.

I bought my dress at a local bridal shop. It was a discontinued style, so I got it at a huge discount. It was normally $800+ and I got it for $200 and it was made of 100% pure unbleached silk. I loved it.

As for auroura's comment, I think David's Bridal has beautiful dresses. I would have looked there if we'd had one way back when I married. It's silly to not want anyone else to ever wear your same dress. They aren't getting married with you. It's not like showing up at the prom wearing the same thing as another girl.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:52 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I watch that show a lot more now that I am married (I"m pregnant again- so maybe i'm trying to re-live the days when I could party all night and look super sexy in a dress).

I can't believe how much some of the dresses cost- and I can't believe that the sales associates are "worn out" after the bride tries on only 3 dresses! I tried on a ton!! (but bought one my first day out at David's Bridal). I don't think the Say Yes to the Dress store would even carry a dress that cost as "little" as mine did.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 12:01 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I would never pay as much as these girls pay for a dress. I would use that money for a down payment on a home.
    You can get very a nice dress for just a few hundred or even less. MY sister paid $25.00 for hers. I was new, it just had a rip in it and was fixed in two minutes.
    The wedding is about two people in love not about entertaining people you do not know or like.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 2:41 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• So what if that is what those girls want? I am sure there is something that is important to you that those girls really couldn't care less about. I just love it when women are sooooo judgmental. Yeah, spoiled little daddy's girls who couldn't decide, not judgmental in the least.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:25 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I love that show! I record it on the DVR. Sure, some of those brides are freakin' nuts and spend way too much money on a dress. It's nothing compared to what their divorce will cost when they realize they were more concerned with the wedding than with the marriage. The dresses are so beautiful though, and Randy is a hoot!
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:11 PM on Oct. 11, 2009