Pregnant and bleeding... freakin out

OK so I am about 5 weeks pregnant and today I'm bleeding like I have my period. It is very light but I am a little crampy like just before I start my period and bleeding. This is my 2nd pregnancy but nothing like this happened the first time. Is this ok, normal? Am I going to miscarry? I am totally freaking out. I don't have an OBGYN yet. I moved and have to find a new one. What should I do?

Banana2222

Asked by Banana2222 at 2:48 PM on Sep. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You can go to the emergency room if you think you are miscarrying. I really don't know if you are bc I know some women have their period afterwards. I know you said this is your second pregnancy but every pregnancy is different. I personally, would go to hospital, they'll do ultrasound and everything and you won't have to pay right away.
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 2:51 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Relax first. It is not necessarily a miscarriage, I had that problem, and some women do. Go to the emergency room if need to.
    3rdDay

Answer by 3rdDay at 2:52 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Get to a doc or hospital now. If you feel like something is wrong this is your best bet on finding out if everything is okay or not. Hope you're okay~
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 2:53 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• There is NOTHING they can do at the hospital to save the pregnancy. Sometimes you can have bleeding and everything is OK. If you miscarry it will be as heavy as a period or more so. At this point all you can do is wait and see what happens.

If you go to the hospital all they will do is do a blood pregnancy test so the levels can be tracked. It will cost a lot. Thousands.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:57 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Gailll is right. I went to the hospital at 5 weeks with bleeding and they took some blood, did a pelvic exam, told me my cervix was closed (a good sign) but that the bleeding was definately coming from my uterus and they coudln't tell me one way or another. They made me wait SEVEN HOURS to get the results of my blood tests and then they sent me home. And sent me a bill for $1400.

If you are miscarrying, there isn't anythign they can do. You're better off saving your money and your dignity.

I wish you all the best and I hope that your pregnancy is a healthy one!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 3:05 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• im sure you'll be ok. my friend was bleeding at 5 mon. and they looked at her in the ER and nothing was wrong they say its ok to bleed when your preg, plus u can have a period when your pregnant
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 3:09 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I am going through the exact same thing right now.I went to the er and they said i was having a threatened abortion meaning that i could miscarry.I had a followup with my doc who swears this is not a viable pregnancy but i have gotten enough opinions from moms on here to decide i needed a second opinion.things just haven't been adding up with this doc and she hasn't been able to convince me of any facts but i do know that you need to relax.I was bleeding for 2 weeks and now i have stopped and according to my ultrasound i'm still pregnant.please keep the faith that things will work out and if you need to speak to anyone feel free to contact me anytime.i'm praying for things to work out for you!!Take care.
    barndogsgrl

Answer by barndogsgrl at 3:35 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• m/c hurt bad..well at least mine did...
    i have 3 kids and my last i had bled alot throughout the whole pregnancy and cramped bad all the time, never did with my other two babies so i wouldnt worry till theres alot of blood or bad bad cramping or even clots arent a good thing hunny. but if ur really worried u can defiantely go to the er and the best thing about that is u can see ur baby probably on u/s wont look like much at this point but still its always good to see our babies... best luck and ill say aprayer just for good luck.
    eSnA2008

Answer by eSnA2008 at 4:21 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Go to the ER, right now. Of course if you're miscarrying they can't do anything, but they will let you know what is wrong if you're not and what to do if you are.
    zeroblivion

Answer by zeroblivion at 5:48 PM on Sep. 26, 2009